Adventure Time Book For D&D?

I wonder what this is about. https://twitter.com/ChrisPerkinsDnD/status/590711704616620034 I am crazy hoping Wizards is bringing Pendleton in to advise on a new Gamma-Worldish setting.

Rune

Once A Fool
There are two or three "seasons" of Adventure Time on Netflix. Or at least there were, last time I checked.

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
Ward's Bravest Warriors is also free on YouTube, and while I will refrain from making quality judgments regarding it and Adventure Time, I do think Bravest Warriors is a better model for a potential D&D project, setting notwithstanding.

[video=youtube;mpDOscUDQ_0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpDOscUDQ_0[/video]

neobolts

Explorer
Pendleton Ward stepped back from Adventure Time a while back, as others have mentioned he's doing other projects such a Bravest Warriors currently. All of Bravest Warriors is up on Ward's Cartoon Hangover channel on Youtube, I'll second that it is a great way to acquaint yourself with his work. Based on what's he been up to lately, I'm guessing he's at WotC HQ to work on a new IP, rather than a licensed product. Perhaps the rumored Alice in Wonderland/Dungeonland project?

Likely just a stunt author. Getting him to contribute like getting Rich Burlew to co-write a sourcebook during 3e. Tapping the talents of a "bigger name" to co-write an adventure rather than just ex-WotC employees. Get some publicity for the game from different circles.

Although, ideally they should have him collaborate on a non-RPG product aimed at younger kids to get a different audience involved with the game. Or a 5e-lite that could sold as a RPG for elementary grade kids.

Sonny

Adventurer
Yeah, I wouldn't say "kids" either. Adventure Time is pretty popular with kids, teens, 20 and 30 somethings.

"Kids" used loosely in my opinion. I've been watching it fairly often since it was recommended to me by another friend of mine. It was specifically recommend because "it seems to have a lot of D&D references".

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Likely just a stunt author. Getting him to contribute like getting Rich Burlew to co-write a sourcebook during 3e. Tapping the talents of a "bigger name" to co-write an adventure rather than just ex-WotC employees. Get some publicity for the game from different circles.

I don't think this can be considered quite the same. Rich Burlew is a pretty niche name - the Venn Diagram of D&D nerds and OotS fans is probably close to a circle. The audience/influence of Adventure Time is tremendous, though.

Although, ideally they should have him collaborate on a non-RPG product aimed at younger kids to get a different audience involved with the game. Or a 5e-lite that could sold as a RPG for elementary grade kids.

....have you seen Adventure Time or Bravest Warriors? Because while elementary grade kids could probably appreciate the butt jokes and whatnot, they are MUCH broader than the "for little kids ghetto" would usually permit.

I don't think this can be considered quite the same. Rich Burlew is a pretty niche name - the Venn Diagram of D&D nerds and OotS fans is probably close to a circle. The audience/influence of Adventure Time is tremendous, though.
Right. Adventure Time has a huge audience. Pendleton Ward less so. He's only known for the one thing so far, so he hasn't built much of a following on his name.

....have you seen Adventure Time or Bravest Warriors? Because while elementary grade kids could probably appreciate the butt jokes and whatnot, they are MUCH broader than the "for little kids ghetto" would usually permit.
I think I made it 5 minutes into an episode of Adventure Time before I gave up. But the kids in my school seem to like it, and the graphic novels are always in demand.

Remove ads

Remove ads