Adventure Time TTRPG Drops "Yes And" System, Switches To 5E

Changed made based on feedback from fans.

IMG_7692.jpeg

When the Adventure Time roleplaying game was announced back in June, it was going to be using a brand new RPG system called the "Yes And" system, which involved dice which had Yes and No on one die, and things like And or But on the other.

However, publisher Cryptozoic Entertainment has recently indicated that, following fan feedback, the upcoming Kickstarter will now be powered by 5E instead. The update was included last week as part of the FAQ in its current Adventure Time card game Kickstarter.

Has Adventure Time: The Roleplaying Game changed since you announced it a few months ago?

Yes, we made the decision to make it a 5e experience, based on feedback from fans. That doesn’t mean the game shown at Gen Con earlier this year won’t be released too, but the main offering in the upcoming Kickstarter will be the 5e RPG.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
The Story system just sounds like a lifepath based character creation system, with a character goal that gives some in game benefit, not that complicated really. I happier that they did use 5e for this product, it will be interesting to see how it handles

overgeeked

B/X Known World
In the FAQ, they claim that the Yes, And version is still coming. I think I'll wait for that campaign.
Yeah. Same. Taking 5E and piling on even more rules is the opposite of what I want from something like Adventure Time. Such a weird way to go. I think Matt dropped enough hints and mechanics in his various interviews that you could easily recreate the core of the Yes, And system.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Hmm. Cryptozoic says the license holder says no legal digital versions of the game. I really hope they come to their senses on that.
I hope they change their tune by the time they get around to the Yes, And version of the game otherwise that'll be an automatic pass from me. Or just collate the info Matt dropped and use that. Where'd I put my notes on that...

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads