[Adventure] To Serve a Dragon: Act 1: A House is Not a Home (Judge: stonegod)

ShadRS

First Post
Talos shifts his hammer to his right hand and pulls forth a torch and igniting it with a word. He holds the light towards the door way to see what is revealed.

OOC: Everburning Torch!

twilsemail

First Post
Mal holds his now shiny glaive out into the entrance, hoping to shed some light on the situation. If that fails, he'll take a few steps inside.

raion

First Post
Tock leans in a bit to get a better view, with the now abundant light.

[sblock=OOC]The ENWorld roller actually randomizes, right? ;) [/sblock]

Last edited:

twilsemail

First Post
As the light spell fails to pierce the darkness, Mal reaches back and snatches the torch from Talos' hand. He tosses it forward, hoping to illuminate the room a bit.

OOC: [MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION], *poke poke*

renau1g

First Post
The light sources illuminate a large room, a ramp leading down to the area, the air is warm and thick coming from the area and smells of ash. A tunnel at the far end of the room glows a pale orange, carrying rhythmic tempo of pounding hammers into the room. You can make out a rickety wooden balcony near the rear of the room, which overlooks an uneven stone floor covered with debris and holes.

[sblock=Perception DC 13]
Two braziers flanking the entrance are unlit, but the coals within are slightly warm and glow a faint red—the fires were recently extinguished. [/sblock]
[sblock=Perception DC 20]
Between the clanging sounds of metal on metal, you hear the soft, subtle creak of weight on wooden boards. Glancing toward the source of the noise, you see a shadowy figure atop the balcony and the glint of metal in its hand[/sblock]

Last edited:

twilsemail

First Post
OOC: Rolling the perception and then posting some RP. Also, does passive work for the 13? I can actually meet that one.

ETA: I hate you, ENWorld Roller... I really do. If you have a family I'm going to track them down and murder them in their sleep.

He whispers over his shoulder to Talos, "I've got a pair of braziers bordering the door and a ramp leading down."

He glances back at Tock. In quick succession he points to Tock, then points away from his face with his hand bladed, then hikes a thumb at the room.

Last edited:

ShadRS

First Post
OOC: Rolling Perception then writing response.

Talos tightens his grip on his hammer and in a low voice says "There's someone down there, and they're armed."

[sblock=Talos]Talos—Male Minotaur Fighter 4
Initiative: +3, Passive Insight: 15, Passive Perception: 17
AC: 20, Fort: 19, Reflex: 14, Will: 16 — Speed: 5
HP: 49/49, Bloodied: 24, Surge: 12, Surges left: 13/13
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Knockdown Assault
Brash Strike
Pass Forward

Goring Charge
Bellringer
Bull Charge