• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge: THB) - Part II

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Push]
Here's the push I used.

P12 -> Q12 -> R12 -> S12

Each square was further away from you than the last. [/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=Push]
Here's the push I used.

P12 -> Q12 -> R12 -> S12

Each square was further away from you than the last. [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Not legal.

P12, Q12, and R12 are the same distance away.

Push forces each square to be one square further away. P12 to P16 would be ok, but not P12 to S11 or S12.

Push: When you push a creature, each square you move it must place it farther away from you. Q12 is not further away than P12.

I don't mind if he is not in the water, that was merely my goal since I thought there was a chance he might be on the boat. Otherwise, whichever direction allows him to be pushed and make noise with the forced movement is good enough. He is at -5 for his next Stealth check for moving more than two squares on Sheeva's action.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Ah, yes that's true. My bad. ok, so you don't hear a splash, but rather see a spray of dust instead [/sblock]

[sblock=Perception DC 21]
He's in S12 [/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valahad looks around for the tiefling, and he calls to River, in the shifter's mind. "Keep away from him, leave him to me." The kalashtar catches his breath in the moment of respite his faith restoring him and then calls again to River. "He shall avoid us for now, but the light of our faith will guide us to him."

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Perception check: perception check (1d20+7=17)
Minor: Divine Mettle for River: River can make a save with a +4 bonus.
Standard: Second Wind(using cloak of walking wounded to use 2 surges)
Save vs ongoing poison: save vs ongoing poison (1d20=15) Success.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Passive Perception: 17 Passive Insight: 28
HP: 63+5/63 Surge:7/11(15)
AC: 24 F: 16 R: 17 W: 19
AP: 1
Valorous Strike
Enfeebling Strike
Ardent Strike***
Valorous Smite
Righteous Smite
Oath of Enmity

Divine Mettle
Bastion of Mental Clarity
Call of Challenge
Acidic Longsword
Majestic Halo
Name of Might
Wrath of the Gods
Dwarven Plate
Acidic Longsword
Githyanki Silver Longsword
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Feall looks around frantically for the invisible Tiefling, to no avail. He leans back against the boulder wearily to catch his breath.

[sblock=Actions]Perception (1d20+4=7)
Standard: Second Wind, Healing Surge (x2 - Bloodied/Cloak of the Walking Wounded) restores 18 HP.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
[U]Combat[/U]
 AC: 21     F: 14     R: 18     W: 18     HP: 37/37 +9 THP

[U]Senses[/U]
Passive Insght: 12            Passive Prcptn: 14

[U]Attacks[/U]
Falchion                Repeating Hand Crossbow
Increment: Melee        Increment: 10/20
    Melee: +7               Melee: NA
   Ranged: NA              Ranged: +11
   Damage: 2d4+2           Damage: 1d8+7
                   Firestorm Bolt: 2
                      Spider Bolt: 4

[U]Powers[/U]
[COLOR="Green"]Assassin's Shroud[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Green"]Shadow Step[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Green"]Executioner's Noose[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Green"]Inescapable Blade[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Silver"]Second Wind[/COLOR]
[s][COLOR="Silver"]Cloud of Darkness[/COLOR][/s]
[s][COLOR="Silver"]Darkfire[/COLOR][/s]
[s][COLOR="Silver"]Shade Form[/COLOR][/s]
[s][COLOR="Silver"]Inescapable Shadow[/COLOR][/s]
[s][COLOR="Silver"]Nightmare Shades[/COLOR][/s]

[COLOR="Gold"]Skald's Leather Armor[/COLOR]
[s][COLOR="Gold"]Shadow Soul[/COLOR][/s]
[s][COLOR="Gold"]Targeted for Death[/COLOR][/s]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=KD]
OK, I apparently can't do it and am struggling. Can you just let me know where you'd like him to be pushed? [/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=KD]
OK, I apparently can't do it and am struggling. Can you just let me know where you'd like him to be pushed? [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Sorry, not trying to be a pain here.

The following map shows where it is legal to push a PC. We have a specific literal translation of the rules in my home game that only would allow a PC to be pushed to the red squares (i.e. pushing a PC to the left of the horizontal line that the foe is on is actually pushing the foe closer, hence, it is not allowed, but that is real world physics, not game world physics).

However, I think the intended rule is to allow the foe to be pushed to any of the black or red squares. I didn't quite understand your boulder is Athletics or difficult terrain comment (so, move one or move two?), but if it is difficult terrain, then any of those squares are legal push squares.

Since Sheeva cannot actually see the foe, I am going to have her push the Tiefling straight back to P16 instead of a more tactically superior square. She's basically just trying to get him away from her.

Note: if there are any squares along that path that Sheeva cannot see, then she cannot push the Tiefling there. Forced movement is limited to line of sight. So, adjust accordingly if the bushes or boulder or anything limit her view.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Boat.jpg
    Boat.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 55

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
My laptop is currently with IT being migrated to my new unit so I'm without all my maptools files for now (I've backed them up on a memory stick also). I'm on vacation this week and my home PC is acting up as well so I should be able to post an update tomorrow when I get my lappie back. Sorry for delay [/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads