• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge: THB) - Part II

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Ok, so Sheeva pushes the tiefling, but not in the water unfortunately... so just need River's move right?[/sblock]

[sblock=Perception DC 21]
The tiefling is in P16 [/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
River feels the healing power of the standard and the will of Valahad God. He move away from his friend to not stay in a small group easy to target for his opponent and wait for him to reappear.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Before my action

No Action: River and Val both heals 2 damage from the Standard as Faell use his second wind.

No Action: River and Faell both heals 2 damage from the Standard as Val use his second wind.

Free: Save (1d20+4=20) No ongoing damage this turn.

River is at 39/49 and has no more ongoing damage :D

-=-=-=-

My Action

Minor: Perception (1d20+7=16)

Move: Shift to P14

Standard: Ready action: When the tiefling reappear AND IF he is not in melee range of River: Bane vs Will on Tiefling (1d20+10=13) Miss :(

-=-=-=-

By the way, I think it will be a Benefactor armor instead of a Healer's Armor I'll take, now it has been debuff.[/SBLOCK]

renau1g

First Post
"Hmmm. The strong silent type. Well, that's not really my type." Sheeva says.

Feall looks around frantically for the invisible Tiefling, to no avail. He leans back against the boulder wearily to catch his breath.

Valahad looks around for the tiefling, and he calls to River, in the shifter's mind. "Keep away from him, leave him to me." The kalashtar catches his breath in the moment of respite his faith restoring him and then calls again to River. "He shall avoid us for now, but the light of our faith will guide us to him."

River feels the healing power of the standard and the will of Valahad's god. He move away from his friend to not stay in a small group easy to target for his opponent and wait for him to reappear.

The tiefling suddenly appears next to Sheeva, "You want me beautiful, you got me" as his blade moves towards the surprised drow, suddenly a blast of thunder emits from her and knocks the sword away.

[sblock=Terrain]
Illumination: Dim light from stars - bright light within 20 squares of O14
Boulders: A DC 15 Athletics check allows a character to jump up on a boulder as part of a move. Otherwise, they are difficult terrain.
Boat: It takes a DC 10 Athletics check to jump from the shore; DC 5 to jump back. On a failed check, a PC makes the jump but falls prone.
Water: It's shallow enough here not to present a threat, but its difficult terrain
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Tiefling - move + charge to current spot, still invisible so no OA's - vs ac; dmg; vs fort (1d20+13=18, 1d6+4=7, 1d20+12=28) hits for 7 + 10 ongoing poison, unless Sheeva uses her Storm Soul interrupt (I'll assume you are)

Feall: 37/37 hp +9thp - used 3 surges, used Targeted for Death & Shadow Soul
Sheeva: 43/43 hp+5thp - used 0 surges, used 0 daily powers
Valahad: 63/63 hp+5thp - used 1 surge, used Wrath of the Gods,
River: 39/49 hp - used 2 surges, used Moment of Glory, ongoing 10 poison (save ends)

Tiefling: -99hp, used 1 AP

Tiefling's unlocked stats: Will is lower than 25, Ref is higher than 19, Fort lower than 26, AC is lower than 28

Initiative:

Tiefling - 25
Sheeva - 24 <- you're up
Feall - 21
Valahad - 14
River - 4

init (tiefling, sheeva, river, val, feall) (1d20+13=25, 1d20+6=18, 1d20+1=4, 1d20+3=14, 1d20+7=21)
[/sblock]

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=Questions]
Two questions:

1) Did the Tiefling make his Athletics check to jump up on to the boat? I'd laugh my butt off if he failed it and ended up jumping into the water.

2) Where is Glasur located?
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"You're challenging me? Me? Are you kidding? Are you insane?" Sheeva voice rises in pitch as her eyes turn red. She then launches a burst of Thunder unlike any that she has done before.

The Tiefling goes over the edge of the boat, but then the winds push him back again. Sheeva is jerking him around like a rag doll.

"Can you teleport into the air and not fall to your death?" Sheeva shouts as the winds lift her 30 feet into the air and around the boat once, hovering about 25 feet from her starting point. "You get one chance to surrender little demon man. You have no comprehension of the power at my disposal. Your pathetic attacks mean nothing to me." Sheeva basks in the sound of Thunder and the Wind blowing.

[sblock=Actions]
Yes, Sheeva would have used Storm Soul. This is the first time she has ever used it AFAIR. I'm surprised you remembered it.

Standard: Thundering Gust on Tiefling
Free: Fly into the sky 30 feet (Storm's Embrace, critical attack roll).
Move: Fly in a circle, ending back up in the same square O9 but 25 feet up(Thundering Gust without choosing TG slide of target)

Thundering Gust on Tiefling vs. Fort, critical, 23 damage

Saving Throw 1, critical miss to not be knocked into the water Tiefling.

Critical damage 8, total damage 31.

Push Tiefling into water at M10 (Storm's Embrace).
Slide Tiefling back to N10 (Mark of Storm).

Wow. Best possible set of rolls and the perfect time for this type of super cinematic outcome. :cool:

I thought about using the TG slide to yank him back and forth some more, but the mega-flying was just too cinematic.
[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]
Sheeva - Female Drow Sorcerer
Advantageous Conditions: 5 temp hit points
Adverse Conditions:
Initiative: +6 Passive Insight: 17 Passive Perception: 12
Senses: Low Light Vision
HP 43/43
Bloodied 21
Surge Value 10; Surges Per-Day 6/6
AC 17 Fortitude 13 Reflex 17 Will 20 Speed 6
Action Points: 1
Second Wind: Not Used

Powers:
At will:
Blazing Starfall
Lightning Strike

Encounter:
Bedeviling Burst
Thundering Gust
Cloud of Darkness
Darkfire
Stoneskin

Daily:
Howling Tempest
Deep Shroud
Thunder Leap

Trained: 6 Arcana, 12 Bluff, 7 Insight, 12 Streetwise

Untrained: 6 Acrobatics, 2 Athletics, 7 Diplomacy, 2 Dungeoneering, 2 Endurance, 2 Heal, 1 History, 9 Intimidate, 2 Nature, 2 Perception, 1 Religion, 8 Stealth, 6 Thievery

Feats:
Mark of Storm
Weapon Focus (Light Blades)
Dual Implement Spellcaster

Magic Items:
Stoneskin Cloth Armor +1
Magic Dagger +2
Cloak of Distortion +1
Magic Dagger +1
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Feall's moving a split second after the Tiefling appears on the boat. He skids to a stop as he nears the river and draws back his Falchion, but holds his strike as his friend offers the man a chance to surrender. He drops a shroud over the Tiefling just in case.

[sblock=Actions]Move to M11.
Ready Inescapable Blade: Use if Tiefling rejects Sheeva's offer.
Inescapable Blade vs. AC (1d20+12=17)
Damage (2d4+2=8)

(I retconned the shroud as well - if that's not cool let me know. Didn't intend to use it - I'll wait 'till I've got at least two on him. Maybe three . . .[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads