[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge: THB) - Part II

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Ok, just dropping a line quickly while baby/mama are resting and i have a free minute :)

Feel free to level up as you'd like, just know that I'll use the average level of the group for the encounter builds. Also, I do plan to run another adventure after if anyone's interested...details still TBD.

Re: unconscious, I will be using what KD has mentioned, I'll detail more later.

re: tactics, last fight you guys spread out damage and had 4/5 enemies bloodied IIRC, that helped me out.

re: tactics - you lost Lanharath/Korthauk which are off-defender/full defender so that was a huge blow to the group in terms of combat effeciency. [/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
OOC: @KD the errata released in September may or may not be effective errata... That is part of the reason for waiting, I think it is effective but want to be sure. When the CB updates I'll be positive what needs changing.

@r1, if I've done my math correctly, even if I spend all 7 of Pok's RP, he'll still end up level 6. I'd spend the RP if it made him level 7, so as not to hold the group back. However, if the RP spent wouldn't affect his level, I'll hold off on spending it. I'm always interested in adventures run by renau1g!

Excuse spelling errors on iPod...

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I have succumb to the temptation. River will be lvl 10, ready to heal more, and also, more ready to take the front for the other, as with Word of Vigor and Durable, it will be more easy to heal himself more often. I hope that will not meant the death of one of the lowest elvel member of teh group.

By the way, I was thinking about the unconscious change to the combat. As much as the old way was too much at the advantage to the player, as much now it will be too much at the advantage of the NPC.

Example:

Initiative: Ogre, Paladin, Orc, Cleric

If the Ogre down the Paladin, the cleric won't be able to raise him before the Orc turn, so the Paladin will lose his turn. If it is the orc who put down the Paladin, the Cleric will be able to save the Paladin before he act.

So in either case, someone get screw, now which one depend only of the DM choice. Considering the last combat I had with renau1g as a master (I mean the killing of the Psion Strike Team), I can only imagine if over that, we would haven't been able to raise people to act in there turn, Willow would have died too I think.

So, just a warning to renau1g, don't throw a fight too hard, considering that it hasn't been tested yet, that creature from MM3 are harder, and that the team is still a bit under their true level as we are not yet at our wealth level since a few have level more than 1 level at once without treasure.

I'm ready to move on![/SBLOCK]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
No problem Vel, Team Psion suffered from a few problems in that fight, not the least of which was spreading out damage. Half the team ran ahead and attacked the dragonborn, then the others split up to attack the ghasts... and then it was only Willow left against the DB with Fissure splitting off to atttack the gargoyle. That and at level 2 there's much less options for the PCs. At level 6 even there's 2 dailies, 2 encounter powers, 2 utilities, plus a bunch more magic items so the power curve rises dramatically. Actually the last fight here against the patrol were about the same encounter level (relative to party size, either a high n+3 or low n+4) and you saw how differently things turned out. That being said, you have a 6, 6, 7, 9 & 10, average is 7.6. Now, I'll also try to avoid over-leveled monsters like I did in Chef's Request as that was also a big issue. Anyways, long story short, I am still adjusting to life after the monster damage expression changes (note: it's not just MM3 monsters that have changed, all monsters should use the new damage expressions).

P.S. congrats on the highest level LEB PC Vel...maybe you will beat [MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION] to first to paragon ;)

Of course if I ever finish one of these adventures up I can spend some RP's currently at 28 here and 18 in Cannith Caper...

Oh, and if everyone can give me an "All Ready" or something to let me know you've completed the updates to your PC's and are ready to move on, that'd be great. BTW one baby is certainly the way to go...so much easier than 2 at once. ;)
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=Sheeva]
renau1g, I'll be heading out for vacation in a few days where there is no Internet and then I'll be on a business trip where I'll have little or no Internet. So, although I have Sheeva finished, I'll need to send you the CB file tonight. I do not think that I'll have her character sheet finished before I leave. I will get it done this month, it's just hard to slice out the time.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Sheeva]
renau1g, I'll be heading out for vacation in a few days where there is no Internet and then I'll be on a business trip where I'll have little or no Internet. So, although I have Sheeva finished, I'll need to send you the CB file tonight. I do not think that I'll have her character sheet finished before I leave. I will get it done this month, it's just hard to slice out the time.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
no problem KD. I'm not too worried about the wiki. [/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[SBLOCK=OOC]
By the way, I was thinking about the unconscious change to the combat. As much as the old way was too much at the advantage to the player, as much now it will be too much at the advantage of the NPC.
[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=OOC]
While what you say has some truth to it, there are still a lot of lesser conditions where the PCs still have a major advantage in PBP. For example, Dazed save ends. The PC Paladin is dazed save ends. In the PBP game, the player of the PC Cleric posts before the player of the PC Paladin and gives him a free saving throw. If the Paladin makes the save, then he is not Dazed. In a table game, the Paladin's initiative might be before that of the Cleric, so the Paladin could be forced to have at least one round of Dazed. PBP has a good sized advantage here for PCs. And at higher levels, PC Leaders will be throwing near auto-saves at their fellow PCs.

So yes, the Unconscious and Stunned conditions do force the PC to lose a turn in PBP with this house rule, but that is better IMO than the PC almost never losing a turn in PBP, especially in the unconsciousness case because the PC Leader always heals him. We've seen it here in this adventure. PC goes unconscious. River heals PC. PC stands up and attacks foe with melee or ranged without any real penalty other than using up a move action to stand. PBP here leans very heavily in the direction of player entitlement and advantage. Having a corner case where the NPCs have the advantage isn't that unbalancing, in fact I think it balances things out a bit more. NPCs almost never get healed up from unconscious. Talk about a PC MAJOR advantage. ;)
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Because of Mal's combat system and the very nature of PbP, there is no way to have a perfect ruling. But I just was pointing at our bloody DM that changing that rule might be dangerous, considering the late event of a Chef's Request.

I lose a character, and partly because of a miscalculation of our evil DM, I just wanted to raise a warning so if someone die, it is not because of a mistake but really because the DM wanted the encounter to be lethal.

By the way, it's no complain here. I think rules are here to help and not to be abused, I think death of character is part of the game, or things would be too easy and not challenging, and as a DM, I had great experience, but also bad because I didn't evaluate properly some encounter and event I put in my story.

Now, let's kick some cultist butt. Well, you will do so, I'll be there to heal your butts ;) [/SBLOCK]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]So the CB is supposed to be updating currently but it isn't working... I'll get it done by days end I'm sure.

On with the adventure!

[/sblock]

Remove ads