[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge:TwoHeadsBarking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalidrev

First Post
Kortauhk turns to Sheeva.

"Oooh! Girl look for thing? It like Hide-go-Seek? Maybe Kortauhk help! Kortauhk find thing sometime. Kortauhk help?"

With that, Kortauhk dashes off into the now dog-bitten tent and grabs all of his equipment, putting it into its rightful place.

"Kortauhk win! Kortauhk found all Kortauhk stuff!" he shouts, walking out of the tent.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Although I would like to chase after the Tiefling, the Lan-like shapeshifter, and the Hounds, I don't think we will be able to track teleporting hounds down in the dark. And they might avoid the road now. In fact, one of the shapeshifters pulled that same 'Oh, I'm a friend', then stab in the back in the earlier fight. There's probably a good chance that the Tiefling and the Lan shapeshifter are the same person." Sheeva says.

"We should probably set up camp in this area, but I'm not sure where. Suggestions?"

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valahad speaks into the mind of the group. "Perhaps we should walk back to our previous spot to rest. Maybe Pok can cover our tracks?" The kalashtar searches through the tents and the camp area. Thinking back to the battle, he tries to remember back to fighting Lan. Lan fought a particular way, and hopefully Sheeva was right.

[sblock=ooc]Perception to search camp/bodies. Insight to try and remember and detect if that really was Lanharath. perception to search camp/bodies. Insight to sense "Lan" (1d20+6=25, 1d20+17=35) Well I think I found anything of value, and if that wasn't Lan, they'd better be a good liar.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Val]
It doesn't appear that it was Lan, his demeanour was all wrong and he didn't attempt to speak to your mind. Also, you find a pack that contains a large, nearly flawless black pearl and a handful of platinum pieces, you'd estimate the pearl is worth around 600 gold and there are 6 platinum pieces. Also in the pack is a parchment map of this area of Khorvaire, detailing a fairly narrow path through the Shadow Marches, through the Vile Marsh

ooc - bluff (1d20 13=21) nope.[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Valahad speaks again. "You are probably right on the hounds. Let's hope we scared them off. I agree with Sheeva. That was not Lan, it was a shapeshifter or illusionist of sorts." Holding up the bag, he holds the pearl and the platinum in their hand, showing it to the others. Stuffing it in the pack, he pulls out the map spreading it out on a dry log and looking for any landmarks of interest. "Come morning we can plan our route."

Kalidrev

First Post
Thinking a bit too hard for his own good, Kortauhk stood there looking rather constipated.

"Hmmm... if Kortauhk... no, Kortauhk not do that. OH! Kortauhk- no... Small Man no like no hide place. AH! Kortauhk know!"

Kortauhk turns to Sheeva and does his best to explain his idea.

"Kortauhk and peoples," he says, pointing to everyone, "be by fire. Bad doggies run bye-bye, so maybe no come back. Kortauhk not know Lan peoples, so maybe peoples talk about Lan peoples so Kortauhk know what Lan peoples be. Kortauhk and peoples take sleep turn and take bad guy place. That not be bad?" he finishes, tilting his head to the side.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Feall keeps an ear on the conversation as he retrieves his crossbow and returns to the group.

With a thoughtful look, he cuts a piece of silk rope from his coil and ties a loop at each end. One loop he drops over the stock of the crossbow; he threads his arm through the other, snugging it around his shoulder. He tests the length, ensuring he has enough rope to aim the weapon but not enough for it to fall out of reach when he drops it.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Well, pick a spot to camp Val. With Lan gone, I nominate you as new tactical leader since you're always out in the middle and in plain view. That doesn't mean I'll listen to any orders from you, it just means that you can make the decisions until it is time for me to do so." Sheeva says, the twinkle in her eyes back for the first time in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads