[Adventure] Trouble in Moonwatch (Judge:TwoHeadsBarking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]OK, a close burst need a line of effect, not a line of sight, so it doesn't matter if I'm within a cloud of darkness or not.

Also, I was confused, I thought the drow was Sheeva... so no healer's mercy. Healing word will be fine.[/SBLOCK]

River give a prayer to Arawai to heals Valahad before moving into the drakness created by Sheeva. Once within it, he unleash a burst of energy, boosting his ally and weakening his enemies.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Minor: Healing Word (2d6+10=16) That means Val heals 28 hp (he is at 30 now, no more bloodied) and he can do a saving throw, Thanks to the mark of healing)

Also, the battle standard have a line of effect with Val, so Val, Lan, Sheeva, River and Auldwyl is affected by the Standard. The drow too if a line of effect can be done through the window.

Move: Move to P10

Standard: Hymn of Ressurgence (bow1, bow2, bug1, bug3) (1d20+8=19, 1d20+8=12, 1d20+8=10, 1d20+8=26) If it hit, the target takes -2 def and is knocked prone if hit UEoNT until the end of my next turn. Also, Sheeva, Lan, Val, Pok and Auldwyl can do a saving throw or gain 5 THP. With the window, I might have a line of effect with the drow.

Resume:
Sheeva: Save or +5 THP, +1 HP healed by standard
Pok: Save or +5 THP
Auldwyl: Save or +5 THP, +1 HP healed by standard
Lan: Save or +5 THP, +1 HP healed by standard
Val: +28 HP, Save and either a second save and +5THP, +1 HP healed by standard
River: +1 HP healed by standard

Drow: Save or +5 THP if there is a line of effect through the window between him and P10, +1 HP healed by standard if there is a line of effect through the window between him and O12

Bow1: Hit 19 fort => -2 def and is knocked prone if hit UEoNT
Bow2: Hit 12 fort => -2 def and is knocked prone if hit UEoNT
Bug1: Hit 10 fort => -2 def and is knocked prone if hit UEoNT
Bug3: Hit 26 fort => -2 def and is knocked prone if hit UEoNT[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"From the darkness comes LIGHT" Sheeva exclaims

"Run back to your foul lairs."

[sblock=Actions]
Sheeva will take the 5 temporary hit points from River.

Note: River is at -5 to hit all of the enemies due to total concealment of the Cloud of Darkness, in addition to cover bonus for most of them. I suspect that only Bugbear 3 will have the -2 to defenses, but I only put combat advantage for them not able to see Sheeva. If River hit Bugbear 3, then Sheeva is +2 more against Bugbear 3.

- Move Action: Move to Q10
- Standard Action: Cast Blazing StarFire in M8 (+2 combat advantage)
- AP Standard Action: Cast Blazing StarFire in M8 (+2 combat advantage)

Hobgoblin Bow1 (15 and 19), Hobgoblin Bow2 (25 and 24), and Bugbear3 (19 and 16) in that order versus Reflex 17 damage both times

The Cloud of Darkness vanishes at the end of Sheeva's turn.

Sheeva will gladly use River for the cover bonus. ;)
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Ow! gone. Pok feels the blow from the mace connect, and then hears the arrows fro his position on the floor. When River gives the healing energy of Arawai, Pok once again mistakes the surge for an enemy, and shuts out the help.

[sblock=OOC]

Pok Fails the save...

[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Unless your shadow is made of wood or steel, it will give concealement, not cover.

Concealment said:
Melee Attacks and Ranged Attacks Only: Attack penalties from concealment apply only to the targets of melee or ranged attacks.

So no -5 from the shadow. It's like telling a grenade will do more damage in birght light... But the walls may give some cover, but I'll let Renau1g determine the penalty.

And use me as cover. I'm always happy to take a hit or two for the team. My healing surge are resources like anything else.

CaBaNa: That's the second save I give you that you fail. Pok should open his heart to the Host ;) [/SBLOCK]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[SBLOCK=OOC]Unless your shadow is made of wood or steel, it will give concealement, not cover.

So no -5 from the shadow. It's like telling a grenade will do more damage in birght light... But the walls may give some cover, but I'll let Renau1g determine the penalty.

And use me as cover. I'm always happy to take a hit or two for the team. My healing surge are resources like anything else.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=OOC]
I thought that was the rule, but couldn't find it. It was the very next sentence and I zoned right over it. :blush:

The cover I mentioned is from where River is standing.

Btw, part of the reason I like talking about this stuff is because it reinforces my knowledge of the rules. I found that as I get older, I start forgetting more.
[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Here, I don't want to bother about cover rules because of the map, as shown, is a bit ambiguous. The walls are thin and end in the middle of a sqaure, so do we consider it occupying all the square or not? Kind of thing I prefer to leave the the master.

But it's a good thing to ask.[/SBLOCK]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC rules ?]

Pok is prone...

What would happen if he used expeditious retreat?

Shift 10 is what I think happens, but then again... Pok is prone...

[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]
Prone said:
• You grant combat advantage to enemies making melee attacks against you.
You can’t move from your space, although you can teleport, crawl, or be forced to move by a pull, a push, or a slide.
• You get a +2 bonus to all defenses against ranged attacks from nonadjacent enemies.
• You’re lying on the ground. (If you’re flying, you safely descend a distance equal to your fly speed. If you don’t reach the ground, you fall.)
• You take a -2 penalty to attack rolls.
• You can drop prone as a minor action.

Shift said:
Moving through a fierce battle is dangerous; you must be careful to avoid a misstep that gives your foe a chance to strike a telling blow. The way you move safely when enemies are nearby is to shift.

SHIFT: MOVE ACTION

Movement: Move 1 square.

No Opportunity Attacks: If you shift out of a square adjacent to an enemy, you don’t provoke an opportunity attack.

Difficult Terrain: Because each square of difficult terrain costs 1 extra square to enter, you can’t normally shift into a square of difficult terrain, unless you’re able to shift multiple squares or you’re able to ignore the effects of difficult terrain.

Special Movement Modes: You can’t shift when using a form of movement that requires a skill check. For example, if you’re climbing or swimming, you can’t shift if you would need to make an Athletics check to use that kind of movement. You might find it useful to first shift away from an adjacent enemy, then walk or run.

I think all bold text should answer your question: you can't shift while prone.[/SBLOCK]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC rules ?]
Pok is prone...

What would happen if he used expeditious retreat?

Shift 10 is what I think happens, but then again... Pok is prone...
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
I think you should post what you would do if Bugbear 3 is dead and if he is not dead. We already bloodied him. There's a chance that my last two spells finished him off.

If he is dead, you can stand up and do whatever you want. If he is not dead, then I would suggest a Burst away, even from the ground.
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

Velmont, I think the expeditious retreat's specific wording may trump "shift" in general.

It's a minor action, it does allow a ten square shift, it's different than taking the "shift" action.

[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads