• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure]: Turning the Tide (DM: Dimsdale, Judge ??)

dimsdale

First Post
GM: What happens behind the secret door will be a long encounter which, at the end, you hopefully can achieve your mission...which is to locate and blow up the portal. Good luck everyone. Ignus will open the secret door...tomorrow :) I'm tire now and must get some sleep.

Rapida

First Post
OOC:
Sounds good, I was waiting to post Ignus opening the door until some other people had posted or I heard from you.

dimsdale

First Post
The monk repeats the ritual of opening the door as demonstrated by the unsuspecting messenger. The door slides open. The party is greeted with a blast of cold air. Ignus takes the lead as he leads them down a series of stairways that lead to an opening to the nighttime air. As you get closer to the opening you realize that the path becomes a ledge overlooking the ground some 200 feet below. On the ground is an open space surrounded by huge burning camp fires. Dragonborn soldiers and scouts move around like buzzing bees performing the tasks needed to set up a large camp. The are careful not to disturb the enormous black dragon in the middle of the encampment, now talking to the messenger. To the dragon's right is another dragon, not as big as the one speaking, but one that could easily wipe out your party if provoked.

Messenger:
He sayssss that he no longer wisssshesss to be your ally as he now issss a sssservent of Zal'Ektheesss

Black Dragon:
Zal'Ektheesss? Hmmmm...Saxon is a fool! When I destroying the city of Daunton, i will kill him as well. No one defies me!

Messenger:
What do you wissssh me to do now my lord?

Black Dragon:
Send out the scouting party now to check for an resistance along the way to Daunton. After you have finished, go to the portal and oversee the accquisition of the rest of the forces. Bring them here.

Messenger:
Yessss my lord

With that the messenger barks out orders. The warriors, scouts and three hideous dogs set out down the path until they are no longer seen. The messenger then moves into a cave entrance to do his next assigned task...not before bowing to his master first.

The ledge is about 3 feet wide and travels for 20 feet before moving back into a hole within the mountain, thus entering back into darkness with more steps leading down. As you carefully wall along the ledge, you see that they black dragon and his counter part get up as well to follow the scouting party.

GM: This event coincides with events that are currently taking place with another adventure. What just happen occurred two hours before what has currently taken place in the Bosch adventure. Whew! Hard to keep timelines straight.

Rapida

First Post
"so we gotta go blow the portels up? Much better 'den followin' some dragons. I bet momma would be pissed if I spoil 'dese dragons' plans. Love it when missions come wid little bonuses.." He scratches at the brand on his forehead as if it bothers him a bit.

FourMonos

First Post
Merri nods knowingly, even though she has no idea what Ignus is talking about. Then she follows the others to the cave in which the messenger disappeared.

dimsdale

First Post
As the party moves around the corner, following the lead of Ignus, back into the darkness of the mountain, they notices that touch light is now provided on the stairs heading down in a downward spiral. Ignus puts his hand up to stop the party as he notices the stairs are close to finished, ending in a well lit hallway. Two guards stand at attention by the entrance of the hallway, but are currnetly talking to each other at the moment.

map

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads