Adventurers Found! Sea's Righteous Might Leaving Soon!

Harvey

First Post
I am right there with you Reddist... Memorial Day festivites put a dent in the online postings, but now I am back and ready to go...

Mavnn

First Post
reddist said:
Okay, so I too have to apologize. What with Memorial Day festivities and seemingly endless battles with my wife's health, I've been a bit absent too. Anyway, for as long as we can, on with the game!

No problems, and my prayers go out to your wife. My own wife has been suffering from ongoing heath problems for the last couple of years and is only slowly coming out of it now: it's tough, and don't let some random strangers on the internet cut into the time you need. We can wait a few days for a post when needed.

scout989

First Post
Mavnn said:
Sorry Scout: looks like I've just blown Jaleph's plan...
No problem, these things happen... though I'll definitely be happy to gain enough levels to be past 1st level spells to support the group! I've changed my action to allow for yours.

Last edited:

scout989

First Post
That reminds me, I know I've brought it up before, but what are the chances of opening up a call for another arcane caster? I'll handle all the arcane magic if not, but I really didn't set Jaleph up to be a blaster/combat type (obviously), more the enchanter/ mess with their minds kind of guy.
If it's cool, I'll be happy to try to recruit someone. What is the best way to go about that?

Mavnn

First Post
My, we're all fast today aren't we? Lowest initiative is a 17.

Who says you need surprise to surprise people... we just go first instead.

(watch reddist roll straight 20's for the NPCs now I've said this :D)

Harvey

First Post
scout989 said:
That reminds me, I know I've brought it up before, but what are the chances of opening up a call for another arcane caster? I'll handle all the arcane magic if not, but I really didn't set Jaleph up to be a blaster/combat type (obviously), more the enchanter/ mess with their minds kind of guy.
If it's cool, I'll be happy to try to recruit someone. What is the best way to go about that?

I dunno... I know that Jaleph is not really a combat caster, but I don't think it will hurt us too much in the end. Even being a cleric, Marisa isn't the best at combat but she can hold her own. With Ven and Kragor, I think the fighting can be taken care of. I've tend to find that the best arcane casters in a party are the ones that specialize in a lot of the support spells, like knock, identify, etc.

scout989

First Post
Well, if everyone is happy with things the way they are, I'm quite content to go on- I'll just make sure that I have all the spells I think are truly necessary from here on out.

reddist

First Post
Yeah sure! I didn't post any of the "world specific" info, since I didn't want to put any limitations on you guys. For the purposes of general curses or prayers feel free to use any Greyhawk diety or, if you want, take a look at the attached document... its a rough breakdown of the theological structure of the campaign world.

Another thing I didn't bother with for the purposes of this PbP game is that most of the monastic orders were founded centuries ago by Dragons... those few dragons who felt so inclined to impart their ancient wisdom on mortal followers. These Dragons usually had their own obsessions too, and it was not unusual for the students of one monastery to have it in for those of another, based on some percieved insults their Elder Wyrms traded back and forth.

For example, the Rose monastery grew from the dealings a mountain tribe had with the copper dragon Metakinnos, an ancient female who sheltered the tribe in her caves. She protected them from a harsh winter that brought ravenous savages into their valley, slaughtering and cannibalizing all they caught. Metakinnos agreed to take them in, provided they offered her some entertainment and distraction in her old age. As the dragon and tribal elders spoke, a new wisdom was born... one that meshed ancient draconic wisdom, based on the span of centuries, with that of a simple mountain tribe practicallity. Over the winter and following spring, the tribe formed a bond of deep friendship with Metakinnos.

In order to aid her new disciples against the cannibal savages who shared their mountain range, Metakinnos taught them all she new of the arts of combat and the mountain folk took her teachings and modified them in ways befitting simple, practical folk. The Order of the Rose was established to teach all those who sought insight in this straight forward, practical way of life, and the martial arts that it inspired.

Attachments

• PbP Theology.doc
    32 KB · Views: 74

Remove ads