Adventures Across Khorvaire - Chapter 1: Reflections

Mista Collins

First Post
The woman smiles as Karmana explains the experiment he has planned in his mind before turning to Drigg. "He is not the first with this curiosity. Other students have tried to examine the protective circle in the same manner before campus guards tell them to stop. I think it lends to the ambiguity of what would truly happen if one were so inclined to test it."

"As for Patron Helcondate, he might be meeting with some of his contacts. Part of his work day is spent with his contacts. It helps him facilitate matching students with work both within the university and outside. He is usually back after supper," she says before continuing out of the chamber and through the halls of the university.

With all of their time patiently waiting, it is about time for them to meet up with the others.

=============================

Making her way to the Natural Science department, Se'ket is quick to locate the half-orc twins, Thevis and Cradok. "You should have been there!" Thevis says with excitement in his voice. "Sir Montlero ir”Grithop told some of the most intriguing tales of his travels to Xen'drik! Did you know that the Sahuagin have a strict social code? One of their core beliefs is that the survival of their race depends on eradicating anything that isn't sahaugin?"

And before Se'ket can answer the question put forth, Cradok continues where his brother left off; something he has been known to do quite often. "And luckily Sir Montlero has knowledge of the sahaugin and experience dealing with them! He has negotiated passage for over ten ships through Shargon's Teeth."

Once the half-orcs are finished talking, Se'ket is able to get the notes from the lecture from them and make it to the meeting point, noticing that everyone but Saellin is already waiting.

nick012000

First Post
"How have you guys done with your investigations? All ours turned up is that there's a disintegration ward up in the Chamber of Messengers, and that Patron Helcondate spends most of his day liasing with contacts in the city."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I have eliminated two suspects. Professor Kelmini, due to the fact that he is dead as of this morning. And a member of an embassy that I may not name, due to the fact that he killed the Professor for copulating with his daughter. Neither had connection with Gaunt. I have gotten a plausible amount of authority to examin the records of the City Watch for other murders, and I shall go there tomorrow," Se'ket says succinctly.

Starman

Adventurer
Drigg shakes his head listening to Se'ket's story. Copulating with his daughter? He shivers. I don't want to think about that.

"I think after we meet and have dinner, I am going to try to contact Helcondate again. He's got to know something about what happened to Delvron."

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - hee...I think it's that the professor was copulating with the guy from the embassy's daughter. :) Just in case there was foncusion)

Tome clomps in and announces, "I've located the phrase our murder victim bore on him. The source is of...questionable validity, but the implications, if true, are worrisome."

Shayuri

First Post
"The original author had a theory that there were many more planes than just the thirteen known. He conjectured..."

Tome brings out a dusty manuscript with a ribbon marking a page in it and puts it on the table with slam.

"...that these planes could, on rare occasions, touch Eberron much as the known planes do. The phrase 'Aryth in Tiamat they come' is from a chapter of his work Deviant Celestia I found reprinted in this book. Although he expresses joy in contemplating a rogue plane becoming coterminous with our own, the history of extraplanar incursions in Eberron does not seem to encourage such anticipation."

He pauses, then adds, "I should point out though, that the library did not have a copy of Deviant Celestia to examine fully, so my command of Belental Heirm’s theories are remedial at best. Also, Belental is considered...as his appearance in this book, The Greatest Crackpots of All Time suggests...to be a thoroughly discredited theorist."

"I should probably have made that clear sooner. I hope I didn't cause alarm."

Starman

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Oh, there was confusion, but on the character's part, not the player's. Confusion and miscommunication always make things more interesting. ;) [/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
"I don't know as I'd rule out some connection with Kelmini's killing just yet," Sven said after a few moments' thought. "That address we got is in a pretty fancy part of town- fancy enough I didn't want to poke around too much, but it could be somebody's embassy, I guess. And if it isn't, it was certainly somebody with some serious resources..."

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Mista Collins]"Calm down!" whispers Saellin. "Nice to see you're not a fool, but you'll learn soon Gaunt is dead and not from a natural death. That might mean Shyva is in danger, she need to warned. If you want to be around while I speak to her, not problem, I understand you would not trust me like that. But I don't think you want to see one of your girl to dissapear. It's always bad for business."[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads