• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventures Across Khorvaire - Chapter 1: Reflections

Mista Collins

First Post
[sblock=Velmont]The hobgoblin gives a quick laugh that resonates deeply. "Shyva's not one of my girl! She much like Gaunt and always in here. She's been using one of the room for a few months now. Hires herself out as a merc or a bodyguard sometimes. When she gets in here you can talk to her, but watch how you do talk to her. She'll rip your lungs out given half a reason. She has privacy issues. Must be a shifter thing."

One of the other patrons, a large man with huge arms and a cut on his right cheek, overhears part of the conversation as he orders a drink from the barkeep and decides to give the disguised elf his own two since. "I don't know what she saw in the man. He was a pretty miserable fellow with a huge chip on his shoulder. But he was steady. He was in here at least once a day, and always took a bottle with him. Maybe they were still together. It's hard to tell because all they did was fight."

"You want anything to drink while you wait?" The barkeep says in Saellin's direction as he hands the man his drink. "So you a cousin or brother of his? You look like you could have been related to him."[/sblock]

Starman

Adventurer
Drigg gestures at the book. "The guy may be a crackpot, but obviously somebody is taking him seriously. We should look into who else may have read this book and who may be investigating some of these theories."

Shayuri

First Post
Tome manages to imitate a passably recognizable coughing noise.

"I was going to suggest we start by trying to locate an actual copy of the original book. This is merely a reprinted chapter. Generally Morgraves would have it, unless it was a rare volume. In that case, there are collectors of unusual and uncommon books that we might consult. Even some of the professors, especially those involved in cosmology, might at least know of the work."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"So we have multiple paths to explore. Excellent. The far-ranging ants always find the most food. My path will take me outside the university grounds. Who else needs to go in that direction? It may be that multiple errands could be completed in a single trip," Se'ket inquires. "It may be that this book could be found in the hands of a private collector, perhaps. And explain to me more of this disintegration circle."

Starman

Adventurer
"Well, I want to try to contact Helcondate again," the paladin says, "so, I guess, unless something more pressing comes up, that's what I'm going to do this evening."

Mista Collins

First Post
As the others discuss what they've discovered and their plans on what to do next, a young boy no older than sixteen comes up to the group. He looks at Drigg and Karmana before giving a them both a wide smile that reveals a few missing teeth. "I was sent to find a follower of The Flame and his friend. With the descriptions I was given, it must be you too. I was told to inform you that Patron Helcondate is back and seeing students now."

The boy stands there as if waiting for something. "I do have the correct people right?"

Starman

Adventurer
Drigg nods. "Yes, you do. You coming, Karmana? Or are you bored with your exploration of that circle?" The paladin gestures for the boy to lead on and follows him to Helcondate's office. It seems a little strange that he would send for us, but this could be our lucky break.

Shayuri

First Post
"If you don't mind, I'd like to come too," Tome says quickly. "It's possible the Professor might know of Deviant Celestia and be able to share insights."

He pauses, then adds, "What circle?"

Starman

Adventurer
"Sure, Tome." Drigg gesures for Tome to follow. "There is some sort of magical ward that keeps students out of the patron's sanctuaries. Karmana was, uhm, examining it." He leans toward the warforged as he gets closer and whispers, "Truth is, the guy seems to be a bit reckless. I'm glad you're coming 'cause it might take two of us to keep him and us out of trouble."

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Mista Collins]"Yeah, you are not the first to tell. I'm his brother-in-arms. We have fought together, but we have no more relation than having been in the same company. I have not much time ahead of me, in how many time do you expect her? If she will take too much time, I rather just give you a message to transmit and meet her at a later time to fill her with the details and asks her some questions."[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads