Adventures in the East Mark (Basic Retro Clone) Kickstarter

Dakion

First Post
Folks have posted all over, but yes- we haven't had something here yet. (I posted something last week and it still hasn't been approved yet)

Any questions I can answer?

-Dave Brown, CEO of Extra-Dimensional Publishing

YourSwordIsMine

First Post
I've backed it for the Collectors Edition for the color printing. The art has just floored me. It's like seeing my first Frazetta, Elmore or Parkinson all over again. I've not found an RPG to evoke these kinds of feelings in some time. The art and production values are just amazing and rivals a lot of other RPGs on the market today. It's definitely worth consideration.

The game is also really popular in Spain. When the first Red Box Set released in 2010, they sold out in 48 hours. The second printing sold out just as quickly. The other two box sets the Blue Box (Setting), and the Green Box (advanced rules) are both sold out as well. They have a 4th box set (Black Box Campaign) due out later this year.

The one thing that's stood out for me about this Kickstarter is that it's not for profit. The $30 (Standard set) and $60 (Collectors Edition in color) are at cost for printing. They are just trying to get the game out in English and into peoples hands. I think that is really cool, and shows the level of dedication they have for the game.

Here is some of the art from the game. These are the covers of the 4 box sets released in Spain. The last piece is for an upcoming module. If you notice, they are all connected by the characters.

YourSwordIsMine

First Post
New Update

They've added a Blue Box (setting) Beta add-on. This will allow those who buy in to belong to the early beta of the pdf for the Blue Box.

I'm in.

They also announced that Frank Mentzer will be writing the Forward for the Red Box.

Dakion

First Post
Explorer class is a non-magic using ranger, which is a different take than other OSR as I understand it. Check out the free preview of the class for your own look.

There are many tweaks, but if your looking for major innovation, this isn't the game your looking for. This is a retro clone based largely on Mentzer BECMI rules with a very open high fantasy setting developed over many years.

Remove ads