Adventures in the East Mark (Basic Retro Clone) Kickstarter

Dakion

First Post
Because it is altered from a traditional Ranger class- it has no spell abilities.

If you are looking for major rule differentiation, this is not the game you are looking for This is very much a retroclone based on Mentzer BECMI with tweaks and additions that add to flavor and options. That plus the deep setting with great starting places for anything you'd want to bring into your campaign is what sets this apart.

Dakion

First Post
This game is truly something special and I saw it right away. Of course, A.J. Manzanedo's art is the first hook and there are many. many talented artists involved. Being that I am not a Spanish speaker, that is the limit of what I could immediately grasp, but as I looked through the books I saw all the different creatures, the realms within the setting. It is an amazing game an I largely am leading the push for this Kickstarter so that I can play the game myself!

Dakion

First Post
This game is truly something special and I saw it right away. Of course, A.J. Manzanedo's art is the first hook and there are many. many talented artists involved. Being that I am not a Spanish speaker, that is the limit of what I could immediately grasp, but as I looked through the books I saw all the different creatures, the realms within the setting. It is an amazing game an I largely am leading the push for this Kickstarter so that I can play the game myself!

Last edited:

YourSwordIsMine

First Post
Dave,

Thank you for joining our discussion here.

My only question for you is simple, and I've been really curious. What brought you to the East Mark? How did you come across it? Why are you so passionate in bringing it into English. We've heard from Angela and Pablo in a few of the updates, but not from you directly. I'm just curious if your feelings echo my own.

Thanks.

mhensley

First Post
The dice with the crayon is a cute part of the box set, but weren't the dice in the Mentzer Basic set already inked? I think you had to go back to the holmes set to find un-inked dice.

MJS

First Post
The dice with the crayon is a cute part of the box set, but weren't the dice in the Mentzer Basic set already inked? I think you had to go back to the holmes set to find un-inked dice.
No, my Mentzer Basic most definitely had plain dice with crayon. Perhaps later printings had inked dice.

Remove ads