ZEITGEIST Adventures in ZEITGEIST is Here!

Those who pledged for the Adventures in ZEITGEIST add-on in the Level Up: Advanced 5E Kickstarter should now have a download code from Backerkit allowing them to download the PDF at DTRPG. This 285-page book details the ZEITGEIST setting and includes 6 new heritages (deva, gnoll, goblin, kobold, lizardfolk, and minotaur), 16 archetypes (subclasses), a bunch of new backgrounds, 6 new cultures, a dozen feats, over 30 new magic items, and tons more.

adventures_in_zeiteist_a5e_800.jpg

This 285-page guide to the Adventures in ZEITGEIST setting offers a world of steam, sorcery, and intrigue, bringing fantasy gaming to a new era of innovative magic and technology. Whether a conspirator, a constable, a revolutionary, or a vagabond, your adventures will steer the course of a new age.

Adventures in ZEITGEIST offers character options for players to explore this new setting of industrial fantasy, plus advice and adventure hooks for game masters to help them bring to life the world's great nations, their clashing ideologies, and the mysteries and plots that imperil them.

Inside, you'll discover:
  • A detailed overview of Llanjr, its nations, geography, and history.
  • New deva, gnoll, goblin, kobold, lizardfolk, and minotaur heritages.
  • Sixteen new subclasses like the Gadgeteer fighter, the Urbanist warlock, and the Executore herald, as well as the new quick-witted Savant class.
  • New Archaeologist, Faction Agent, Investigator, and Riven Mind backgrounds.
  • Six cultures to help ground your character in the world of ZEITGEIST, including the Bloodmarked gnolls, De Guerra orcs, and the philosophical Dialecicians.
  • A dozen feats to show your devotion to the grand social movements shaping the world, like tinkering Technologists, the secret society of Vekeshi Mystics, and the Skyseers who glimpse prophecies in the movements of the planes in the night sky.
  • Over thirty new magic items, such as the absurdist web, blood of the hollow widow, countermagical handcuffs, and the hat of hats.
  • Tools for proper modern heroes, like an astounding array of firearms, the finest monster-repelling apotropaics science can devise, and arcanotechnological innovations such as lantern blasters, asomatous canvas projectors, and planarite-fueled dirigibles.
  • Monsters ranging from the dreamborn srasama-fey of Elfaivar and the emotivore malice beasts to the pride of Pemberton Industries: B.E.A.R. - the battle enhanced animalistic replicant.
Adventures in ZEITGEIST is a hardcover campaign setting for Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition.

Didn't buy the add-on?​

You can pre-order Adventures in ZEITGEIST over on our website. The PDF is availabe immediately.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Is the Zeitgeist Gears of Revolution adventure going to be converted to A5E?
We’ve released it for 4E, Pathfinder, and 5E, and each was a herculean multi-year task. I don’t think we can face doing it a fourth time! :)

Plus, of course, adventures don't need conversion. They work as-is. We'd be doing a lot of work that isn't actually needed.

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
We’ve released it for 4E, Pathfinder, and 5E, and each was a herculean multi-year task. I don’t think we can face doing it a fourth time! :)

Plus, of course, adventures don't need conversion. They work as-is. We'd be doing a lot of work that isn't actually needed.
Just have to reference the new version of the Monsters in the Level Up Monstrous Menagerie, everything else just... works.

But...

Would you be opposed to someone writing, say, a Journey Expansion for the Gears of Revolution adventure for Narrators to use with the 5e version?

Perhaps an expansion to the adventure path which includes unique or even loosely scripted Journey Encounters that Narrators might liberally sprinkle into the adventure path?

Just a thought and a volunteering. >.>

MarkM

Explorer
I haven't had time to read through much of it yet, but after reading parts of it and skimming others it is already clear that this is a must-buy for anyone interested in Zeitgeist or steampunk-flavored fantasy. I'm four chapters into the Gears of Revolution adventure path, and instantly see so many things in the new book that will be helpful. It is set in the future and not appropriate for players of Gears to read through, but so much of the setting information is easily applicable or adaptable to the time of the adventure path that it is an incredible DM resource even during a different time period.

And as for Ashima-Shimtu, my prediction is that she opened a hot yoga studio and is making a good living as a lifestyle influencer, sending out daily inspirational quotes over the ceraunic wire about how fasting, meditation, and clean living can help you transform your life.

Weiley31

Legend
Is there an estimation on when Homebrew and Hacking will be available to purchase? Both of these seem like they would be nice to add to my growing collection of 5E character options.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Is there an estimation on when Homebrew and Hacking will be available to purchase? Both of these seem like they would be nice to add to my growing collection of 5E character options.
You would have to ask the creator on Kickstarter. That's not made by EN Publishing.

Looks great so far!

If I ever get to run the AP I think I'd like to give PCs the benefits of prestige classes for free say at 7th level (1st level abilities), 9th (2nd level), and 11th (3rd level) minus the HPs, hitdice, spell casting levels, etc.

Would be a good boost for a smaller party and keep the themes going. Doesn't seem too much of a power boost even if given to a full party either although might have the increase the encounters a little?

I'd be happy with the 5e version but with the only change better monster stat blocks ala A5e? What else is there? (I know, I know, that's a lot as it is...) Maybe some custom journey tables?

Do it! Do it! Chug it! Wait a minute...

;)

Looks great so far!

If I ever get to run the AP I think I'd like to give PCs the benefits of prestige classes for free say at 7th level (1st level abilities), 9th (2nd level), and 11th (3rd level) minus the HPs, hitdice, spell casting levels, etc.

Would be a good boost for a smaller party and keep the themes going. Doesn't seem too much of a power boost even if given to a full party either although might have the increase the encounters a little?
If your players don't mind juggling a lot of abilities, go for it. They're much more an 'increase in options' than an increase in raw power, I think.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases