• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against the Giants Preview 3

Heselbine

Explorer
I find the constant whingeing about the minis inexplicable. The day Wizards realised that they should create their own minis was a very good day as far as I'm concerned.

For many years us veteran D&D players who like minis had to make do with unpainted minis that don't quite do the job that cost at least £2.50 each. Now, you can buy minis for about £1 each, they're exactly right for D&D AND they're painted. Fabulous!

Plus, I like the buzz of not knowing quite what you're going to get, but I think that's because at heart I'm still 8 years old.

vagabundo

Adventurer
Never having got any DND minis before I'm looking for a set that includes the PHB races, both genders. At the moment we are using 18yr old warhammer/heroquest stand-in's...

:D

Ander00

First Post
Heselbine said:
I find the constant whingeing about the minis inexplicable.
I didn't see a lot of whingeing here, but I'll indulge you. Having collected the miniatures from the start, I know full well that they have been capable of producing great looking minis ever since Harbinger. I wouldn't count those two among them. I do admit that a few of the minis I've declared ugly have grown on me somewhat, but I find most of what they put out these days to be just plain silly looking (in part a problem with the minis themselves, in part due to redesigns for the new edition). I'm glad I have plenty of the older miniatures already and can just skip the newer ones, buying the very few that I do like.

cheers

DarkAngel1979

First Post
Olgar Shiverstone said:
Two dragonborn in this set? How many tieflings? Seems a little stingy to release a new PC races and have so few minis for it.

Well, the thieflings have numerous figs in past sets already, while the dragonborn have none. Well, one, if you count an old rare that represents the 3.5 dragonborn concept.

There's I think two thieflings in Desert of Desolation and one in Dungeon of Dread, or vice versa. Those are the two last sets that were released, so it's not like you're hunting down for really old sets.

Remove ads