• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against the Shadows VII - A Faded Glory Story Hour (Re-Updated - 5/17)

What Do You Like Best About This Story Hour?

• The Campaign World

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • The Characters

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • The Multitude of Plot Lines

• The Narrative/Action

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • The Whole Package!

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Nothing! It Sucks!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
So sorry to hear that, Old One. Tell your wife that we are thinking of her aunt and the rest of her family down here in NC. It is a tough thing to go through for everyone involved (I'm afraid I speak from experience) but a close, loving family makes things immeasurably easier to endure.

Hang in there.

Old One

First Post
Thanks...

Rel and Lela,

Thanks, guys. Just got word from my wife that her aunt passed @ 2:30 EST. All of the women in her family are very close (they have an annual "estrogen-fest" which usually includes lots of wine and the occassional trip to a tatoo parlor), so she is pretty bummed out.

Looks like services will be over the weekend...

~ Old One

Lela

First Post
I'm sorry Old One. I get the impression that you didn't know her all that well but the pain your wife'll be going through is hard on you as well. If you, or your wife, need something please let me know.

LiVeWiRe

ENergetic Comm. Supporter
Old One said:
Rel and Lela,

Thanks, guys. Just got word from my wife that her aunt passed @ 2:30 EST. All of the women in her family are very close (they have an annual "estrogen-fest" which usually includes lots of wine and the occassional trip to a tatoo parlor), so she is pretty bummed out.

Looks like services will be over the weekend...

~ Old One

Old One,

I'm truly sorry to hear that. :(

Our condolences to you, your wife and her family. You all will be in our thoughts...

-LW

Darklone

I'm sorry to hear that... Nurses: Same everywhere it seems.

Condolences to everyone. (Now that I think about it, don't be too specific, they might wonder why a crazy German...)

Tramp4life

First Post
Sorry to hear about the loss...expecting it doesn't make it any easier.
And, it sucks that the hospital wasn't doing their best to take care of your Aunt in the last stages.

Mike

Old One

First Post
Thanks all...

Kerry and I appreciate all the kind thoughts...

Visitations were yesterday and today, with services tomorrow. After the visitations yesterday, we all gathered at Kerry's uncle's for a good, old fashioned Irish wake. Lots of toasts, tears and beers. I hope to writing again by week's end...thanks for the patience!

~ Old One

PS - There is a pretty good chance I will make NC Game Day IV, so if anyone else will be around...

http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=79505

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads