• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against the Storm: Luskan (Summoning shaff)

shaff

First Post
Rannos grabs the baton, and puts it away then rushes to the side of Margaret. He changes back to his normal self and holds her head in his lap and tries to wake her, but makes sure not to shake her. He puts the gun back in the case and waits for her to wake.

Last edited:

reapersaurus

Explorer
(note: he turned off his Belt after felling the fake Elone)
During the battle, as the statues came after he and Elone, he yelled out at the one attacking Elone "Hey! You stay away from El-Oh-Nay!" and punches at it as hard as he can, but it still got past him to almost cut Elone's life short.

After Elone and the gnome fell, he coordinated carefully with the Rangers to finish off the statues, lending his positional support, but working mostly defensively and partially, since he was so close to going down himself (in the negatives as it was).

Immediately after the battle, Ubaar drops to his knees and heaves a sigh of relief that the prison battle is over and the spirit of the Thunderbeast has again 'watched him out of the corner of his eye', so that he may fight another day. The familiar let-down after an enraged battle slams into him like a freighttrain this time, him living only on borrowed stamina. He quickly channels Uthgar's favor into a healing spell, which barely gets him back into wounded status and out of Kelemvor's clutches.

Once the immediate danger passed, he stomps over to where the annoying gnome fell, the one who tried to invade his mind and perhaps steal his actions as he did Mecholithi.
He leans down, his size even more imposing in comparison to the slight gnome, and places his hands like a vise around the gnome's head, saying "Uthgar, grant me a portion of this mage's Strength and let me focus it into my limbs for your glory."
OOC: casting Death Knell

Ubaar smiles at the feeling of a fallen foe's Strength infusing his spirit; Uthgar's "Captured Essence" spell is much cleaner than the olden rituals of scalping or eating the heart of one's enemy.

He then walks over to retreive his Greatsword and ask Jonathon, "So where we go now? You got us in here, and El-Oh-Nay free, and many others here now - what's tha closest way to take Gond's temple out? After seeing those soul-less guards, they're really pissing Ubaar off - I want to tear this place down!"

Once his exchange gets done with the Rangers, and presumably some introductions are made for people who never met, he sees Elone waken.
"Elone!"
:D
"Ubaar glad to see you!"
He picks her up, off the ground, in a big bear hug that comes close to hurting the archer of Solonor.
"Ubaar worried you might not have made it out of that brawl with the vampires. It got ugly.
Alex and Akharos had enough after that tussle - fighting off Storm and doing our job here not worth their lives, I think.
What do you think?
It gotten pretty hairy here - these forces of Storm awfully tough - you sure you want to keep fighting? Did they mis-treat you when you down here? If anyone of them did, by the neck of the Thunderbeast, Ubaar will break their heads worse than I cracked that metal-guard's chest open!"

Last edited:

dead_radish

Explorer
Elone grins through the pain. "I'm glad you're still here, Ubaar. And yes, they did hurt me, but Solonor granted me the might to hurt them back. I think I have made a reckoning with them."

She sighs when Ubaar tells her Akharos has gone. "I shall miss him - he was a good man to have in a fight." She grins. "Not as good as Ubaar, of course." She surveys the new crew as she checks over her bruises.

"I am Elone, Guardian of the Forests, Priestess and Champion of Solonor. And a fair hand with a bow."

She waits patiently to see who else is now making up the team, and see if there is a clear leader, and assess the new situation.

DM_Matt

First Post
Calim said:
OOC: Ravin tries to sense if similar magic is in effect in this place as was at his house that might bar a teleport.

Noticing everything seems to be in hand for the moment Ravin closes his eyes and starts meandering slowly around the area weaving his hands and body to interact with the weave.

The area is indeed teleport-protected, although there seem to be receptors of some sort that allow access. They seem to be a combination of magical energy of an unknown sort (perhaps from a magical key) AND a command word.

Meanwhile, Fin runs into the storage room, activating the other portcullis in the same way that Margaret did.

Rannos examines Margaret as she sleeps. Her arm is definately broken, and her head wound is pretty severe, although it looks less so after he's cleaned the blood away. She seems to be breathing fine, though. After a few minutes, Margaret opens her eyes and smiles weakly up at Rannos and tries to hug him with one hand. "Ow....Thanks."

Crowds are panicking outside, but guards have finally found you guys, are are trying to figure out who has the key to turn off their security system.

Fin goes behind the counter and says "Sorry if I'm interrupting anything, but I think its a good time to get out of here. Those doors over there (the only ones not covered by electrified portcullises. Probably lead to more warehouse areas, and I know that there is a loading dock somewhere around the side of the building."

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
DM_Matt said:
Ravin is having trouble finding the Gnome, until suddenly a blast of lightning comes from the illusion right at him. Instead of hitting him, it arcs towards Jaina. Jaina shudders with the jolt of power, and her eyes glow white. She rises from her slumped position, and suddenly a blast of energy fires from her hand into a wall (New saves). Everyone can see a gnome in an alcove behind an illusory wall, who appears injured by Jaina's energy blast. Ravin fires off his spell, mortally wounding the gnome with a blast of fire. Jaina collapses and stops glowing.

Just highlighting this passage...

reapersaurus

Explorer
gotcha.
It took me 2 more reads of the pasage on a different day to get it.

Boys, we've got a Spellfire Weilder in our midst!
cool, spiffy, and neato.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads