Age of Worms (Act I All Quiet on the Western Front)

Verbatim

Explorer
You hit the nail on the head, but just for the record, you will get no credit for designing the NPC who sells monkeys at the Emporium. That would just be too easy for you to do..:)

Also, if you want to make these NPCs "close" to the char that is fine with me also, for better or worse, Diamond Lake is going to be your home and the more real we can make it, the more enjoyment I think you will all have.

Verbatim the Neighborhood Friendly DM

Majin

First Post
Time to post the character. Sorry for being so late with it, but so it goes..

The plan I have for the character is to eventually go Legendary Tactician, after taking the leadership feat when possible. Personality-wise, he's going to be based off of Mat from the WoT books, if anyone reads them. For those of you who don't, the leadership thing will start out very slow, and he'll be incredibly reluctant to the idea and the whole followers thing. How he'll deal with it of course depends a lot on what vile things Verbatim can think up, but I think it would be fun to play this type of character and see how things turn out. So, anyway, here's the stats. Background will be added soon.

Damien Ves’Aru
Male Human Fighter 1
Alignment: Neutral
Height: 6' 1''
Weight: 150 lbs.
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown

Str: 14 (+2)
Dex: 16 (+3)
Con: 14 (+2)
Int: 10 (+0)
Wis: 10 (+0)
Cha: 14 (+2)

HP: 12
AC: 17 (+3 Dex, +3 armor [Studded Leather], +1 shield [Buckler])
Touch: 13
Flat-Footed: 14
Init: +7 (+3 Dex, +4 Improved Init.)
Speed: 30ft.

Saves:
Fortitude: +4 [+2 base, +2 Con]
Reflex: +3 [+0 base, +3 Dex]
Will: +0 [+0 base]

BAB: +1
Melee Atk: +3 (1d6+2 x2, quarterstaff)
Melee Atk: +3 (1d6+2 19/20 x2, short sword)
Ranged Atk: +4 (1d6 x3/60 ft., short bow)

Skills:
Climb +0 [0 ranks, +2 Str, -2 AC]
Handle Animal +4 [2 ranks, +2 Cha]
Intimidate +2 [0 ranks, +2 Cha]
Jump +0 [0 ranks, +2 Str, -2 AC]
Profession (Horse Trader) +2 [2 ranks]
Ride +7 [4 ranks, +3 Dex]
Swim -2 [0 ranks, +2 Str, -4 AC]

Feats:
Simple Weapon Prof. (Fighter)
Martial Weapon Prof. (Fighter)
Light Armor Prof. (Fighter)
Medium Armor Prof. (Fighter)
Heavy Armor Prof. (Fighter)
Shield Prof. (Fighter)
Combat Reflexes (1st level)
Improved Initiative (1st level)
Power Attack (1st level)

Languages: Common

Animals:

Juniper – Light Horse (8 gp) (Profession bonus)
Carrying – 99 lbs. (Light Load)

Light Load – 150 lbs. or less
Medium Load – 151-300 lbs.
Heavy Load – 301-450 lbs.

~(On Horse)
Bit & Bridle (2 gp, 1lb.)
Military Saddle (20 gp, 30 lbs.)
Saddlebags (4 gp, 8 lbs.)
Containing:
~
Feed (7 days) (35 cp, 70 lbs.)
Bedroll (1 sp, 5 lbs.)
~

Equipment:

Quarterstaff (- gp, 4 lbs.)
Short Sword (10 gp, 2 lbs.)
Short Bow (30 gp, 2 lbs.)
40 Arrows (2 gp, 2 lbs.)
Studded Leather (25 gp, 20 lbs.)
Belt Pouch (1 gp, ½ lb.)
Containing:
~
Flint & Steel (1gp, - lb.)
~

Weight:
Carrying – 39 ½ lbs. (Light Load)

Light – 58 lbs. or less
Medium – 59 – 116 lbs.
Heavy – 117 – 175 lbs.

Money:
1 gp, 5 sp, 5 cp

Background:

hippocrachus

First Post
Well gentlemen, because I feel we strongly need a healer, I've decided to re-write up a cleric of Apollo.
I will most likely have that up tonight...

Majin: heads-up, I need some stats on the God of Music from your Faiths and Pantheons book :D
I'll bother you when I get home from work...

Verbatim

Explorer
Ton of new info added to intro post curtesy of BrO's great OOC thread. He had captured everything I was going to type up today and like a thief I borrowed it. I have to admit, he has set the bar high on his two games in this setting, so I hope to do you guys the justice he does his players.

Looking forward to the NPC submissions and vice wasting more time with [sblock] ideas, I think the best thing to do is get right into the mix of things, so once I get the intro ready, as well as seeing Hippocrachus' grenade taking concept, we will kick this off.

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Nice looking stuff and I can't wait for this to start up.

Still need to flesh out my background some and hopefully I will either get to that tonight or possibly tomorrow night. All depends on if I get another charatcer statted up, :D

hippocrachus

First Post
And then the Fardarter commanded: "Go forth, and spread my Faith."

[sblock]
Chryse L'Aura
Lawful Good Male Human Cleric (1)
Worships Apollo
Height: 5’9”
Weight: 140lbs
Eyes: Green
Hair: Blond
Skin: Tan

STR: 10 (0)
DEX: 12 (1)
CON: 16 (3)
INT: 12 (1)
WIS: 16 (3)
CHA: 10 (0)

HP: 11
AC: 16
~ Touch: 11
~ Flat-Footed: 15

(5) Fortitude: 2 + 3
(1) Reflex: 0 + 1
(7) Will: 2 + 3 + 2

(1) Initiative: 1 + 0
BA: 0
~ (0) Grapple: 0 + 0

Weapons
Heavy Mace – 0 (1d8) x2
Shortbow - 1 (1d6) x3

Skills
(6) Concentration: 3 + 3 + 0
(4) Heal: 3 + 1 + 0
(3) Knowledge History: 1 + 2 + 0
(8) Knowledge Religion: 1 + 4 + 3
(3) Listen(cc): 3 + 0 + 0
(2) Perform String Instruments: 0 + 2 + 0
(1) Search(cc): 1 + 0 + 0
(3) Spot(cc): 3 + 0 + 0
(-16) Swim(cc): 0 + 0 - 16

Feats
Skill Focus: Knowledge Religion
Iron Will

Special Abilities
Turn Undead 3/day

Spells
(0) - 3
Detect Magic
Light
Virtue

(1) - 2 + 1
Divine Favor
Remove Fear
Cure Light Wounds (Domain)

Healing Domain
You can cast healing spells at +1 caster level.

Languages
Common
Celestial

Possessions
Heavy Mace (8lbs)
~Type: Bludgeoning
~AB: 0 + 0
~Damage: 1d8
~Critical: 20x2
Shortbow (2lbs)
~Type: Piercing
~AB: 1 + 0
~Damage: 1d6
~Critical: 20x3
Scale Mail (30lbs)
~AC Bonus: 4
~MAX DEX: 3
~Check Penalty: -4
~Speed: 20ft
Light Steel Shield (6lbs)
~AC Bonus: 1
~Check Penalty: -1
Cleric's Vestments (6lbs)
(20) Quiver (3lbs)
Waterskin (4lbs)
(2) Belt Pouch (1lb)
Sunrod (1lb)
Lyre (3lb)

Weight Carried: 58lbs (Medium Load = 20ft)
Light Load: 33lbs or <
Medium Load: 34lbs – 66lbs
Heavy Load: 67lbs – 100lbs
Lift Over Head: 100lbs
Lift Off Ground: 200lbs
Push or Drag: 500lbs

Speed: 15ft

Moneys
GP – 53
SP – 0
CP – 0

Background
Chryse comes from a poverty-stricken family. His father, a miner, succumbed to the Red Death outbreak only a couple of years after Chryse's birth, leaving his mother alone to raise the boy. Chryse himself was always a sickly child; he was almost permanently under house-arrest for the greater part of his childhood because of his mother's fear of him coming down with a virus or spreading one to his meager number of friends. After the second friend of his contracted a flu spread from Chryse and died, nobody wanted to come within ten feet of him.
Perpetually alone, Chryse turned to music and the stars he glimpsed through his window for friendship. A friendship with mutual gain. Sometime after his sixteenth birthday, Chryse began singing in a tongue strange and unfamiliar to his mother. She sent for the priests to exorcise him, but when they came to perform the holy task, they were astounded to hear the boy sing in Celestial; the Language of all that is Good. They took him from his home to the church to be raised properly in the teachings of Heironeous. Soon the priests began to fall ill and die around him. The abbot was not pleased and turned Chryse out as a curse to all mankind. Pestilence incarnate.
Alone again, Chryse looked once more towards the heavens for his true friend and prayed that he might be shown the Light. Apollo heard his prayer and sent to Chryse a dream. In this dream Chryse walked alone surrounded by thick thorny tendrils of darkness, everywhere tearing at his heels as he walked on towards a beacon in the distance. He awoke before he could reach the beacon in a forest, dead and twisted briar on all sides; the stars shining above him. He caught the glint of something shining not far from where he was laying. Knowing his dream to be an Omen sent from his loved god, Chryse picked his way to the golden light, ignoring the cuts and scrapes he gathered in the process. At his goal's end, he came upon a pile of gold, catching the light of the stars above, spilled from the torn pockets of some poor lost soul. Among the lost one's possessions was a lyre and a bow; still in good condition. What caught Chryse's eye first and foremost was the splendid sliver symbol of Apollo. The god of Music. The god of Pestilence. The god of Archery. The god of Healing. The god of Light.
As he grasped the symbol of his god, the body beneath him stirred. Before him now stood an undead beast he was not familiar with. In pure reflex, Chryse held his symbol forth, invoking the name of Apollo. From that symbol shone the brightness of a thousand suns, and when the light evaporated, all that was left was the rising dawn.
His treasure had, Chryse returned to Diamond Lake and began preaching the Glory of Apollo. Most looked on him as a madman; some cult-god worshipper. Certainly no one would suspect him of being chosen by a god. It was all he could do to get the blacksmith to accept his coin in exchange for his wares...

Personality
Chryse is a devoted follower of Apollo and will stop at nothing to spread his faith to those that will listen.
When shunned for his beliefs, Chryse will accept it stoically. Just because those around him can't see the Light doesn't mean he should give up in his cause.
He is quiet about all else. His past is best left forgotten; so full of death and misery. All he wishes to speak of is Apollo.
If ever he is praised, he claims it is the gifts Apollo grants him. If ever anyone lends an ear he will perform for them the arts most loved by Apollo.

Description
Not sure as to how he should present himself as a cleric, Chryse has chosen to garb himself in things every priest he has ever known might carry. Over his armor he wears a long flowing white surcoat; on its breast is printed a blue symbol of a lyre. He is a simple follower of a foreign god.
[/sblock]
Looking to go Hierophant :cool:

Last edited:

Saterus

First Post
I'll make up an NPC but I don't want to add any more to my starting gold. I didn't keep track of it as it is. If my character had money, he would have left this one horse town as soon as he could pay for a coach out of town. As it is, he's been working down at the smelting house to pay the rent and for food. I'll probably give more of a background to Jim Reave, an older guy working down at the smelting house. I'm going to have him be sort of my closest friend. Although Samuel has a fantastic personality, he feels a tad betrayed by his father and has become hard to get close to. He looks at Jim now as a replacement father figure, but is slowly realizing he doesn't need one anymore.

Also, props to Branding Opportunity. That's a ton more info for the town. The artwork is really good too.

Saterus

First Post
Here's something short I threw together. I'm sorta tired tonight so its not my best work. I'll work some more on it tomorrow, but hopefully its enough to get us started.

[sblock]Entry 2, from the Journal of Samuel Nomas, Coldeven 10th, CY 593

Impressions of Jim Reave:

Jim Reave works down at the smelting house managing incoming ore to be smelting and tracking incoming and outgoing shipments. This gives Jim quite a bit of down time during the day. He usually helps me sweep and keep the smelting house clean. None of us can understand why Mr. Durtch thinks the place needs to be kept so clean. It's not a clean job and is progressively getting dirtier. Jim has become a confidant of mine. Since my father...it has been especially hard to get close to anyone. I just cant trust people like I used to. Yet for some reason, I have no hesitation about telling Jim anything. I recently told him about my father and my powers. I've been thinking of talking to one of the local wizards, or maybe one of the clerics around town after he suggested they might be magic. At least I'm not the only one. Jim has been a sort of mentor to me lately. His scruffy unkempt beard and aged clothing speak much about his personality. He has sort of worn away during the years in Diamond Lake and is interested to see me leave this town and do something with my life. He has suggested I try to rough it out for a couple of weeks and work up enough money to leave town without having to pay rent. He means well, but I'm sure there's some other way that I can get out of this town.[/sblock]

Verbatim

Explorer
Looks good Saterus...:)

I am almost done with the intro post for everyone, and although char sheets aren't fully posted in the RG thread, I know you guys will get them up and in soon.

Remove ads