Age of Worms (Act I All Quiet on the Western Front)

Verbatim

Explorer
Ozmar: When I wrote the post up, I wasn't aware of the story you had in mind for your family, hence I tried to figure out what would make a man so dedicated to his job and distant to his family. The result was what came out in the post. I can retconn it if you want, or we can roll with what we have for now.

Your call on that one.

Ozmar

First Post
Verbatim said:
Ozmar: When I wrote the post up, I wasn't aware of the story you had in mind for your family, hence I tried to figure out what would make a man so dedicated to his job and distant to his family. The result was what came out in the post. I can retconn it if you want, or we can roll with what we have for now.

Your call on that one.

And I was just tossing out ideas... lets see... how about this:

Tolliver Trask was very upset about his wife's departure, and there where schisms between them. He didn't want her to get involved in wizardry, but she went against his wishes. They parted on uncertain and uneasy terms. And shortly after that, she died in a magical "accident" (details are vague) and he felt guilty for pushing her away. So now Jorun's younger sister is essentially disowned and studying wizardry, and his mother is (apparently) dead.

I think this all works. And it does explain the motivations of Captain Trask. I think that people generally have a lot of mixed empotions about their close family. Jorun loves and respects his father, but also sees the hurt that has been caused through his mother and fathers fighting. They loved each other, but also disagreed on fundamental issues. Any family is a collection of love and strife, and this one is no different.

Ozmar the Relationship Therapist

Verbatim

Explorer
Ozmar and Tom: Just wanted to let you guys know that while you are close to the office, it is not quite in sight enough to make out fine details yet due to the pouring rain.

But it will not take long to get that close I promise..:)

Ozmar

First Post
Verbatim said:
That would work...

Now just to figure out Jorun's relationship with his siblings, the one talked about and the one never mentioned...:)

Hokay...

Older Brother: I think Jorun respects him, but sees him in a similar light as his father. His older brother values duty, honor, discipline, but also martial skill, victory in combat, and relishes the defeat of his foes. He's in love with victory and militarism, and, in Jorun's opinion, does not pay enough attention to the reasons for why he fights. They get along all right, but the elder Trask probably sees Jorun as an idealistic kid, and doesn't value him as much because he's not willing to do anything to obtain victory. I don't think they are especially close.

Sister: he hasn't really seen her much since she and his mother left, and even less since she died. I think he cares for her very much, but doesn't really know her, and doesn't know what she's been up to at the wizard's school. For her part, I think she may have written her family off, or views them with dislike due to what they did to her mother. Or she may want reconcilliation, but not know how to go about getting it. She's probably about 16 now, and was between 12-13 when they split. (Note that she's a potential replacement PC if Jorun dies...)

Later!
Ozmar the Prepared

Ozmar

First Post
When I'm on, I'm quick.

But when I'm away from the computer, I have a harder time being responsive.

Funny thing that...

When I can get my implants, then I'll be happy...

Ozmar the (Hopeful) Cyborg

Saterus

First Post
I'm going to assume that you wrote under the "Tom" spoiler the info for myself. I can't see how it would make sense any other way....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads