• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Age of Worms (Act I All Quiet on the Western Front)

Verbatim

Explorer
Well with the building seemingly secure, what would you chaps like to do now?

I know Elocin wants to have Shadow check around more (will roll for that soon), but I will wait to move things forward to give everyone a chance to get some RPing in.

I just wanted to say thanks so far for making this a great game...:)

Ozmar

First Post
I like it. Keep up the good work, Verbatim!

For myself, I'm just looking for any excuse to send my character onto the next "scene" in the adventure - which I assume involves exploring the Cairn?

So let's figure that out and go! :)

Ozmar the Eager Player

Verbatim

Explorer
Don't worry, if the others can't convince you to go, once you return to the garrison I am sure that some incentive will find you...*evil DM smile*

Verbatim

Explorer
Well, since Jorun has given himself a reason to go into the Cairns, all that remains is to see if the others will want to go as well.

Also, I think it will be interesting to see how Shadow handles finding more money than he has ever personally held at one time in his entire life. Will he tell the others, or try to pretend he has always had a bag of silver stashed away in the cabinets...:)

Verbatim

Explorer
As I am sure that sooner or later, the coins will be counted, here are the amounts. I will refrain from placing a value on the necklace and uncut stones, until an appraisal check is done.

Silver coins: 425
Gold coins: 40

Also there is the small studded leather armor from the goblin, mw morningstar, and black stone necklace to throw into the mix. Just wanted to make sure that on this first division, you guys didn't miss anything.

Verbatim the banker DM

Last edited:

Ozmar

First Post
Morality of Goblin-Slaying

Here's a question of Morality in your interpretation of the game world.

What does Heironeous teach us about the nature of evil and humanoid races? Are goblins and their ilk irreedably or naturally evil, or are they able to be reformed, and learn evil through their upbringing? I would like to know what Jorun has been taught about this before he is confronted with classic moral dilemnas like deciding whether it is moral or immoral to kill goblin babies. :)

Ozmar the Paladin

Verbatim

Explorer
The way I have always looked at it is there are no "birthed" races that are innately good or evil. In the case of goblins, I think if you found a batch of babies and raised them in "good" environment, then they would only know that as the way there were supposed to live. If along the way, society continually rebuked them and slowly turned the compass back to evil by necessity/anger, it would still be society that made them such.

Heironeous in my opinion would teach that there are none who are beyond redemption, if they choose to redeem themselves. However, if you extend the olive branch and it gets sundered in your hands, then they made the decision to do so and from there you are allowed to protect yourself with a clear conscious.

Does that make any sense?

Last edited:

Ozmar

First Post
Yes. How does this sound for an analysis of the paladin's code of conduct? I believe it comports with generally held views, as well as with the Book of Exalted Deeds, and with what you've written so far.

Ozmar the Paladin Ethicist

Verbatim

Explorer
The Legend of the Whispering Cairns, as told by Damien:

The last time there was any big noise about the empty tomb was when one of the local girls in town ran off with her boyfriend about sixteen years ago. The rumor was that they were going to make one last trip into the haunted burial site and find a treasure that would allow them to get enough coin to move to the Free City and escape Diamond Lake. When neither returned, it was assumed that they found the last of what remained there and moved onto bigger and better things.

Khellek, Auric, and Tirra had a copy of the map leading them to this site, but it was not the primary one that the trio wished to explore. At least Tirra had given that impression to Damien the night before.

Remove ads