• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Age of Worms (Act I All Quiet on the Western Front)

Verbatim

Explorer
It all will fall on how the submissions go. If it happens that the best submissions happen to include no divine casters, so be it. I will run things as the chars go and not force someone into a role they do not really want.

Phoenix

First Post
Ryhiannon Starwind

Ryhiannon Starwind

Fragments of birth records discovered in a deserted village within the Ardi Forest:
[sblock]...preliminary tests have shown that the child has survived his mother's death, though the plague has not left her unscathed. It seems as though her body's immune system has not fully developed...

...and due to the reaccuring state of the plague in her system, the very nature of immortality that the elves have been gifted is suppressed because of it...

...death. The child has grown into maturity without mishap, however the appearance of grey hair already suggests that she has been inflicted with the life of a mortal creature. Due to the events of her youth and the reactions of others, her personality has begun to reflect...

...taken refuge with the others.

[/sblock]

Exerpt from behavioral records recovered from the Academy of Wizardry, Greyhawk City:
[sblock]After spending two years at this facility it is painfully clear that Ms. Starwind has no interest what-so-ever in the learning of the mystical arts of anything. Failing to show up to classes, poor quality written assignments, as well as struggling to grasp some of the more basic concepts of magical etiquette, it is this teacher's opinion that Ms. Starwind should be immediately expelled.

- Professor Thiamal, Department of Alchemy and Thaumatergy​
[/sblock]

Exerpt taken from Greyhawk City Guard Records:
[sblock]The elf in question was detained for three nights in order for her to sober up and tell us her version of the story. It seems obvious that her lies only serve to incriminate her, but since no-one was badly hurt Ms. Starwind has been sentenced to thirty days labour in the city roads project.

- Constable Theodore McPhee, Garden Ward​
[/sblock]

Exerpt taken from The Tragedy within the Ardi:
[sblock]After the exodus of the elven people, many of them were forced to take up new lives in smaller villages, adapting to environments that they were ill used to. The coming of the Red Death was harder to cope with than other diseases, for the reclusiveness of the elven people was usually enough to keep sch diseases outside their community. After the exodus though, many humans came back and forth to trade with the struggling villages.

One of the more, interesting, victims of the plague was a young elven woman's child who survived her palgue-ridden mother's deathbed birthing. The plague had only just begin to set into the baby's system while still in the womb, but something halted the disease inside her. Later evidence showed that the elf girl was aging unlike the others of her community, she did not appear timeless as the others were, as if her 'immortality' had been stripped away by the Red Death.

- Professor Allan Latten, Grey College​
[/sblock]

Exerpt of City Guard Report from Rel Mord:
[sblock]...one of the burglars was an elderly elf woman with grey hair who was spotted fleeing the scene with several of the larger items stolen from the Gamely Manor...

- Lieutenant Wenton, Night Watch​
[/sblock]

Martial Training Schedule - Guild of Mercenaries, Greyhawk City
[sblock]Ryn has shown talent with the lighter blades and has suggested that her training be focused more on the weapons that are unsuited to her frame. Axes and polearms have been her main concern, and so the next several weeks have been dedicated to these weapons as well as further crossbow work.

- Guildman Freer, Guild of Mercenaries, Greyhawk City​
[/sblock]

Quoted from Epsilon, a drunken halfling colleague from The Green Dragon
[sblock]"Yeh, I seen 'er. She said that she'd bin in Grayhewk enuff, and wanted ta see if dat place wif tha Dimends innit weres reel. So she uped an' buggid orf din'she? If ya wanna fine 'er, so watch 'er swimmin' roun' tha' lake lookin' fer dimends...hehe..."
[/sblock]

End of current data for criminal #384502B3F. Should any operatives unearth more information on the subject, forward it to the garrison at Rel Mord. File is current as at <date altered to many times to see more than a smudge of numbers>.

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
Phoenix: You definately caught my attention with the char, but even after reading all that, I have to ask, will she be a normal young elf who has gone prematurely gray, or will she be older?

Also, is she a rogue concept?

If you want to tell me offlist, just shoot me an e-mail at crow112101(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Majin

First Post
Hey Verb, just checking in here. You already know how my character's going to be from what we spoke about a few weeks ago, but for everyone else's benefit:

Damien Ves'Aru (Human Fighter)

Roll the dice and take a chance. That's what my father did two years before I was born, when he decided to move here and become a horse breeder. Why he chose this place over somewhere else is a mystery to me. Maybe it was for the money, supplying the garrison with top quality horses for training. If that's the answer then I have one question: Where is that money? At least there's the Emporium to keep me entertained and Lazare's place. I don't care much for mixing with the garrison and their games at 'Giant' and 'Salute', but at least I can get a game of dice and a cuddle at the emporium, as well as a game of strategy at Lazare's. Father would prefer me to be tending the horses, but I'm much too busy relaxing and having fun. <laugh>

Ferrix

Explorer
I'll bow out as well, with the arrival of school soon and my neglect of my own games, I should pay attention to other priorities.

Good luck.

Verbatim

Explorer
Brother Shatterstone said:
Verbatim, I'm going to bail on this one... I'm seeing alot of warrior/rogue types and I have no interest in playing anything else.

I am willing to throw balance to the wind amigo if everyone submits the warrior/rogue type char. There is plenty of places to buy healing supplies in Diamond Lake, but all in all, it is your call in the end.

Sorry to see you go amigo...

unleashed

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Me too. I’ll give it some thought with playing other classes but I don’t usually find them any fun. (Just too much paperwork.)

Don't think about playing other classes, I'd love to see a game with mostly warrior types...it'd definitely be a change of pace. :)

Remove ads