D&D 5E Age of Worms Adventure Path

Virtuegm55

Villager
I used Character Backgrounds (players get to pick) when I ran this using Pathfinder (aka 3rd edition) rules to link everyone to the campaign and given them a reason to seek out the Whispering Cairn. Some of the names or locations may not be the same as I ran this in Dragonlance's Taladas. The file also has dream sequences, totally optional as the adventure proceeds.
Thanks man that is awesome I’ll dig into this later.

Virtuegm55

Villager
I haven’t dug deep into the conversion document yet still reading the original adventures.
How did you convert the Stat damage and negative levels from some of the higher powered undead?

Virtuegm55

Villager
I used Character Backgrounds (players get to pick) when I ran this using Pathfinder (aka 3rd edition) rules to link everyone to the campaign and given them a reason to seek out the Whispering Cairn. Some of the names or locations may not be the same as I ran this in Dragonlance's Taladas. The file also has dream sequences, totally optional as the adventure proceeds.
This is way cool, I’m trying to figure out how to convert this back to The Free City, I’m trying to understand and break down the dream sequences and make sure that it’s not Dragonlance references.

toucanbuzz

No rule is inviolate
This is way cool, I’m trying to figure out how to convert this back to The Free City, I’m trying to understand and break down the dream sequences and make sure that it’s not Dragonlance references.

It's been years, so went back through my notes. I wanted to link in backgrounds to the history of Diamond Lake, so that's all from the adventures.

I linked in some other adventures (the mud sorcerer's tombs are from the original Dungeon Magazine, #37 (AD&D) and #138 (3rd edition remake), so the sigils in one background only have meaning if running those, but they fit the lore of the area perfectly, and I ran Tomb of Horrors...just because) .

The dreams could be ditched, I'm not sure I ended up ever using them and I think they foreshadow Alastor and obviously the worms. I tried to otherwise keep it simple. Kristophan = Free City and you just revert to the original pantheon. I'm attaching my original Notes and Character Creation Guide (all from a prior edition and different geography, but you might find some useful nuggets!) Ultimately, as we got past the lower/mid level adventures, less and less adjustments were needed.

Sadly, we got near the end, but ended up splitting our group, which had swelled to 6 players, in half. Half wanted to switch to 5E (not wanting to divert this thread to an editions war, but that was the cause). I may revisit this one....someday. Had a blast for quite awhile.

Attachments

• Age of Worms Player Guide - Dragonlance.pdf
    809.4 KB · Views: 602
  • Aow notes.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 385

Virtuegm55

Villager
It's been years, so went back through my notes. I wanted to link in backgrounds to the history of Diamond Lake, so that's all from the adventures.

I linked in some other adventures (the mud sorcerer's tombs are from the original Dungeon Magazine, #37 (AD&D) and #138 (3rd edition remake), so the sigils in one background only have meaning if running those, but they fit the lore of the area perfectly, and I ran Tomb of Horrors...just because) .

The dreams could be ditched, I'm not sure I ended up ever using them and I think they foreshadow Alastor and obviously the worms. I tried to otherwise keep it simple. Kristophan = Free City and you just revert to the original pantheon. I'm attaching my original Notes and Character Creation Guide (all from a prior edition and different geography, but you might find some useful nuggets!) Ultimately, as we got past the lower/mid level adventures, less and less adjustments were needed.

Sadly, we got near the end, but ended up splitting our group, which had swelled to 6 players, in half. Half wanted to switch to 5E (not wanting to divert this thread to an editions war, but that was the cause). I may revisit this one....someday. Had a blast for quite awhile.
This is awesome I’ll start digging through this soon
thanks

Tormyr

Adventurer
I haven’t dug deep into the conversion document yet still reading the original adventures.
How did you convert the Stat damage and negative levels from some of the higher powered undead?
Stat damage is usually modeled as disadvantage to attack rolls, ability checks, and saving throws based on that ability score. Negative levels are a reduction of hit point maximum. They come back after a long rest unless something says otherwise.

Matau99

Explorer
Link WON'T open on your phone. Both docs are over 100 pages long. You'll have to use your desktop, and only Chrome renders it right.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases