AGELESS CAMPAIGN, Episode II, Part VI.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Ruby shrugged her shoulders as George emerged. "We can both look like idiots together then. Plus," she pinched his cheek, "I think, Mr. Eastman, you are obsessed with my breasts!! Of course I don't blame you, they are rather perfect," she stated matter of factly.

Then she laughed and, standing on higher ground, jumped onto George's back, wrapping her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist. "Let's go!" George grabbed her legs to hold her on then ran into the water joining in her infectious laughter. He splashed out deeper into the water where he lost his footing and fell over, dropping both of them into the warm water.

Fenris

Adventurer
Ruby shrugged her shoulders as George emerged. "We can both look like idiots together then. Plus," she pinched his cheek, "I think, Mr. Eastman, you are obsessed with my breasts!! Of course I don't blame you, they are rather perfect," she stated matter of factly.

Then she laughed and, standing on higher ground, jumped onto George's back, wrapping her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist. "Let's go!" George grabbed her legs to hold her on then ran into the water joining in her infectious laughter. He splashed out deeper into the water where he lost his footing and fell over, dropping both of them into the warm water.

George came up laughing as he waited for Ruby to come up as she too laughed. George splashed Ruby and struck out with strong strokes and quickly heads out to deeper water. He pulls up and treads water as he looks back at Ruby smiling.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Ruby swam out to meet George, not being able to wipe the grin off her face. "I don't know when the last time I swam in an ocean was. Probably when I was a child, or at least, a lot younger than I am now. The summer before I left home probably. So... At least five years ago. Of course, my parents home was on Long Island Sound so while it was the ocean, there weren't very many waves. And it wasn't nearly as warm or pretty as this," she laughed.

Ruby's brows came together for a moment. "I've been landlocked ever since I left. I think I don't like it very much. Being near the sea is calming. Does that make sense?" She looked to George curiously to see if he would agree.

Fenris

Adventurer
Ruby swam out to meet George, not being able to wipe the grin off her face. "I don't know when the last time I swam in an ocean was. Probably when I was a child, or at least, a lot younger than I am now. The summer before I left home probably. So... At least five years ago. Of course, my parents home was on Long Island Sound so while it was the ocean, there weren't very many waves. And it wasn't nearly as warm or pretty as this," she laughed.

Ruby's brows came together for a moment. "I've been landlocked ever since I left. I think I don't like it very much. Being near the sea is calming. Does that make sense?" She looked to George curiously to see if he would agree.

George floated on his back and stared up at the azure sky. "I do understand. That is part of the wonder of Lake Ontario. It does serve as a mighty artery of commerce and access to most of the midwest. But it is also large enough that you can sail far from shore and not see land. Fewer, smaller waves, but still the serenity and calmness that large bodies of water bring. Actually I think it is water in truth, in essence. Water is so vital to life, it is the one necessity for every living thing. There is some organic connection to it, something deeper than Poseidon. Something that calls to us, touches us, brings us to water. Renewal, calmness, peace. Whether is is out on the boundless Pacific or sitting quietly near a small gurgling spring on a mountain top, or any journey water makes in between, there is something to water, to hear it, taste it, feel it, to be immersed in it, that is essential to our selves and our souls." George suddenly started up from his back, looked at Ruby a little sheepishly and turned red. "Sorry, I got a little lost in that." and self-consciously dived down deep into the water.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Ruby laughed and shook her head as George dove under. She knew from the last time they went swimming together that he could stay under a very long period of time, so she didn't get nervous when he did not come up right away.

She floated on her back for a while, gazing at the bright blue cloudless sky. She was much more used to staring into the dark night, at the stars she loved so much. George was right, this beautiful warm water was calming and renewing. They both needed it after the past week they had.

20 quiet minutes go by with George coming up to take a breath then diving back down again into the water before he finally tires and rejoins Ruby.

When George joined her, she was floating in the water, her long red hair swimming all around her head. "So, maybe we should make sure we have a house on the sea somewhere. What do you think darling?" She said, as she splashed a little bit of water at him, straightening herself out.

Fenris

Adventurer
George looks up at Ruby from beneath the water. With her hair flowing out in a crimson halo around her, she could have been a mermaid.

He too floats next to her.

As she asks her question George laughs. "Of course my love. A house on every sea if need be. We shall be traveling quite a bit so why not visit every sea we can yes?"

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Ruby was quiet as she pondered. "Yes, I suppose seeing and swimming in every ocean would be wonderful... though aren't some of them very cold?" Ruby furrowed her brows trying to figure that out.

She shrugged. "I don't think I should be greedy and ask for a house on every sea. But certainly you have promised me adventures all over the world so perhaps we should have a house here and there." She laughed heartily. "Well, we have friends here now so maybe here. But then all we have to do to get here is walk through the gate... So maybe not..."

Fenris

Adventurer
Ruby was quiet as she pondered. "Yes, I suppose seeing and swimming in every ocean would be wonderful... though aren't some of them very cold?" Ruby furrowed her brows trying to figure that out.

She shrugged. "I don't think I should be greedy and ask for a house on every sea. But certainly you have promised me adventures all over the world so perhaps we should have a house here and there." She laughed heartily. "Well, we have friends here now so maybe here. But then all we have to do to get here is walk through the gate... So maybe not..."

"Exactly. Through I have some plans for some airships. Ones that perhaps can go quite quickly. But that is in the future. And yes some of the seas are cold, but we don't have to stay in those long" laughs George.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Airships? What in Hades are you on about now? My love, don't spread yourself too thin with all this talk of... All this stuff! Your dream has been this photography stuff for so long and now you are talking about weapons and airships... While I have a lot of faith you can do anything you set your mind to... After all, you did the impossible and never gave up and won my heart..." she giggled, "I just don't want you to not be able to accomplish your dream because you made too many... Other dreams. Do you know what I am saying?"

Fenris

Adventurer
"Airships? What in Hades are you on about now? My love, don't spread yourself too thin with all this talk of... All this stuff! Your dream has been this photography stuff for so long and now you are talking about weapons and airships... While I have a lot of faith you can do anything you set your mind to... After all, you did the impossible and never gave up and won my heart..." she giggled, "I just don't want you to not be able to accomplish your dream because you made too many... Other dreams. Do you know what I am saying?"

"Well, I started and have grown Eastman Industries into the largest photographic company in the world. I did pursue you and won your heart. I obviously need a new challenge. One that is actually hard to achieve." George tried to keep a straight face but laughed as Ruby pouted and splashed his. The laughing didn't help when she pushed his head under water. He came up choking but still giggling. "Yes my love, no dream was as important or worth pursuing as you. But I do know what you're saying. But there are so many things to improve, to build, to do. For these other industries though, I would start them, and let trusted lieutenants run them under my supervision.

The pictures I was able to take from the French airship? Amazing. It will allow us to survey so much more accurately. Really the munitions factory is only for Egypt. I don't intend to create chains of them. I merely want to make sure that Egypt stays free. A strong, modern military is the best way to ensure that against colonial desires of European powers. But airships. Wow. That is a natural pairing with photography. I will drop some money into R&D now to get the ball rolling but it will take some time to get the thing going.

But look my dear. You come first. Then Eastman Industries, then AGELESS. THEN a new airship company. Ok?"

Remove ads