AGELESS CAMPAIGN, Episode II, Part VI.

Fenris

Adventurer
She tries multiple times to get the wrap right on the dress. Finally she gives up in frustration with a loud "Ugh!" as she throws it back on the bed.

"I think I'll try a different dress," she says to herself, rifling through her clothes, as she calms herself down. She finally settles on a black dress, which would be quite daring back home but seemed to be in place here. It came with beautiful matching gold jeweled accessories, for her wrists and her hair. Finally satisfied she turns to George. "Ready when you are!"

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-KPoyH7wn1zg/Tw6PylucXbI/AAAAAAAAF7I/4YdheZlXUBA/s1600/mummy3.png

George had been smiling as he watched ruby try on clothes, both to watch Ruby's attempt to wear a dress she loved the look of but had never seen actually worn, as well to to admire the inadvertent, yet compelling burlesque-like show that Ruby puts on merely by her native beauty and sensuality.

"Radiant as always my dear." said George taking her by the hand and stepping back to admire her. " You had best be careful my love, Aphrodite herself will become jealous. Well, more jealous." says George with a grin, leaning in for a kiss.

George and Ruby head down stairs and take a carriage out to the edge of town, there they dismounted outside a stable. A familiar man was waiting for them. he came up to George with a big grin "Ah sahib" he says bowing as George shook his hand. They had a quick conversation in Egyptian. Then Ruby recognized him, he was the owner of the restaurant they had visited the other day, George had obviously arranged to have their meal catered by the same place. After the brief conversation the man waves at Ruby as he walks away. The package that the man had brought was taken by some other men inside the stables.

In a moment three camels were brought out, fully decked in traditional saddles and tack. Tassels, bells and all. Ruby squealed with delight as they knelt and George helped Ruby up onto her mount. As she did she turned "Darling, why three camels?" Ruby asked. "Well, camels can be a bit temperamental, so a handler along is a good idea in case they balk, and this way we have someone to watch them as we picnic." replies George as he too swings into his saddle.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
OOC: The "Story Hour" is coming along, now transcribed to the end of Thread IV. Moving on to Thread V (when you were about to leave the Gizah pyramids, Player date November 20th, 2012.) I still have threads V and VI to do, but am on a roll! I'll also add, while the "Frenzy nights" are fun to play, they certainly wreck havoc when transcribing Story Hours, when three people respond to a single comment and nobody responds to others. Just getting the things in a proper sequence takes forever!

And on that note, Let's finish up this module folks!

Oh, and thank you for all the work you (and Lori!) have done making the story hours!! I've been rereading them (twice through) and can see some places where things look missing or are out of order... And I, being a perfectionist could NEVER do the story hour writing, it would take me hours and hours to try to sequence a few sentences lol. I really appreciate being able to reread the old adventures!! So, thank you :)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
In a moment three camels were brought out, fully decked in traditional saddles and tack. Tassels, bells and all. Ruby squealed with delight as they knelt and George helped Ruby up onto her mount. As she did she turned "Darling, why three camels?" Ruby asked. "Well, camels can be a bit temperamental, so a handler along is a good idea in case they balk, and this way we have someone to watch them as we picnic." replies George as he too swings into his saddle.

Ruby grabbed the seat tight and squealed again as the camel rose to it's full height. As they rode slowly out to the beach she couldn't get the huge toothy grin off her face.

She yelled over to George, "I can't believe we're doing this!!"

"Why is that darling?" George answered, his own smile growing.

"I don't know, I guess I always dreamed of doing this my whole life and now I am actually doing it. The whole coming to Egypt thing, being with my grandmother, searching through pyramids in exotic lands... All of it." She looked out over the trail for a moment then back to George. "Being with you. Being here with you. It all seems like a dream. I hope I never wake up."

"Well, what use is living if not living life as an adventure? And while hiding out in Promise City served it's purpose for you, there is a whole wide world out there to explore. I am just grateful that I have found someone to share these adventures with," says George smiling back at Ruby.

"Yes it is definitely better sharing this with you my love." Ruby was quiet for long moments as the camels walked on as she pondered what George said.

Finally, "I do really miss Promise City and my saloon and the friends I made there. I feel like I have left a big part of me there. And yet as I said to the Queen yesterday, now that we've done this," she waved an arm wide gesturing to the land, "I don't think I can ever go back to living there. I guess I have been fooling myself that I would. I mean, when I left I thought I was going back, I intended on returning back to my home and..." Her voice trailed off and she sighed. "Back to the things I loved and worked so hard to get. I was so very happy there, for a time. I had been so unhappy before that, wandering from place to place. Then finally I had a home of my own, my saloon was home and I had such good friends...

Not that I don't love being with you, I do, I just, I just thought I was going back and now I am finally realizing that I never AM going back. I mean, I am never going to live there and work there again, not like I had been. And while your house in Rochester is nice, well, it's yours. So I feel like I don't have a home again."

She was quiet again for a long while before speaking again. "But having adventures with you is amazing and one day I'll make a new home, with you. Someplace we both love. Together, right?" She looked at him nervously with the question in her eyes.

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
She was quiet again for a long while before speaking again. "But having adventures with you is amazing and one day I'll make a new home, with you. Someplace we both love. Together, right?" She looked at him nervously with the question in her eyes.

George smiled back "Of course Miss West. But remember that while you may have left some part of you in promise City, no part of you gets used up. No matter how much you leave behind, you have you entire person with you always. You took many memories away from there. And yes you left parts of you. But it is kind of like footprints. You always leave them wherever you go. And yes, you do leave many more in places you stay for a long time. But no matter where you are you will always leave more foot prints. And so my love worry less about where your footprints have been than where they are." says George as he rides closer and leans over to kiss Ruby.

"Of course, right now we are only leaving camel prints" he laughs.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"You are right darling, I should not only not worry about the past I shouldn't worry about anything at all," she laughed. "That was one of my better traits before I started growing up." She laughed even heartier at that, and kept laughing for long moments.

"This is way too much fun to miss any of it. Though I could probably do with less bouncing," she giggled while glancing down at her chest.

Fenris

Adventurer
"You are right darling, I should not only not worry about the past I shouldn't worry about anything at all," she laughed. "That was one of my better traits before I started growing up." She laughed even heartier at that, and kept laughing for long moments.

"This is way too much fun to miss any of it. Though I could probably do with less bouncing," she giggled while glancing down at her chest.

"Oh I don't mind the bouncing" says George with a wink."But you experienced the Wild West. Now you have camels and pyramids. Who knows what wonders await you next year"

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Oh I don't mind the bouncing" says George with a wink."But you experienced the Wild West. Now you have camels and pyramids. Who knows what wonders await you next year"

"George, you are such a scoundrel underneath it all, aren't you? But in the absolute best way!" she grinned. "The bouncing is also not doing good things to my belly but that is probably because I ate so much at breakfast," she laughed.

"As to your other question..." she tapped her lips, "I am not sure. There are still SO many things I want to see. There are so many things I don't even yet KNOW I want to see... I wonder what it will be... our next adventure... I wonder..." She sat back in her seat and took in the landscape as they rode on. Her hair gently moved around as the warm soft breeze caressed her face and she sighed happily.

Finally they reached a private area, where the land protruded out into the sea, forming a C like shape, protecting the crystal clear brilliant blue water within it safely. Ruby gasped as she had never seen such beautiful water in her life and she fidgeted while waiting for their groom to come over and help her off the beast. Once she was down she almost started running to the water, but she stopped and ran back, petted the camel for a quick moment then ran off to the water leaving George to deal with the details.

She stopped at the water line taking in the majestic site for a long moment. She looked back over her shoulder to see if George brought his camera but instead of waiting to figure out the answer, she pulled off her boots and threw them to the side. Next her stockings came off quickly, and they floated in the air as she just carelessly let them go, then she hiked up the skirts on her new dress and just walked right into the sea.

She yelled over her shoulder, "Oh George, hurry, it's so amazing!!"

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
George laughs "In a moment" George helps the groom, Aziz, unload the camels and issues instructions. Aziz bows in acknowledgement as George heads down to the shoreline. He had brought his camera and sets it up while Ruby splashes in the water. "Ok my dear, how about another picture of you in the water? I haven't had a chance to take many pictures this trip. And this will be my first of the Mediterranean. So hold still and smile"

Ruby holds up her skirts and poses for the camera. George takes a few plates of Ruby band the beach and sea before packing the camera away. George then takes off his own shoes and rolls up his pants and splashes out to join Ruby. He takes her hand and they just stared out into the blue waters for a while. George looked over his shoulder for a moment, the turned back to Ruby. "Ok, it's ready." What is?" Ruby asked. George turned her around. there on the beach was a large, open tent with carpets laid out underneath. A small table held food, water and wine. A small separate tent stood nearby. "Ruby clapped her hands, squeeled and jumped up and down. "Oh George it looks so amazing, just what I had imagined." George smiled and lead her back up the beach to the tent. There were grapes, dates and naan laid out. More food had yet to be unpacked. Under the tent, with the slight breeze, it felt almost cool compared to the warm sun, but nice.

George and Ruby had some fruit and wine as they watched the gentle waves lapping against the shore. The soft roar of the waves was relaxing. After some time of relaxing and talking and laughing, George stood up. "Ready for your surprise?"

"Surprise?" said Ruby "More than this?" she said gesturing around. George smiled and held out his hand and helped Ruby up. He lead her over to the smaller, enclosed tent. He opened the flaps and inside hangs a woman's bathing costume. Ruby's mouth dropped. "I had to pull some strings, but got one made up overnight. I figured it would not be a trip to the beach without heading out in to bathe in the calming waters of the Mediterranean."

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Surprise?" said Ruby "More than this?" she said gesturing around. George smiled and held out his hand and helped Ruby up. He lead her over to the smaller, enclosed tent. He opened the flaps and inside hangs a woman's bathing costume. Ruby's mouth dropped. "I had to pull some strings, but got one made up overnight. I figured it would not be a trip to the beach without heading out in to bathe in the calming waters of the Mediterranean."

Ruby stood and stared at the suit. "It looks nice..." she said hesitantly. George looked at her questioningly so she answered him by laughing and pointing at it. "That's more material then I wear with my dresses!" She laughed some more. "Well, I suppose it wouldn't do to shock our friend over there," she waved at the groom, "With my nakedness." She shook her head as she walked into the small tent, the lighter highlights in her hair reflecting the sun's rays making it look like her hair had golden strands running through it. She grabbed both edges of the fabric opening and closed it together. She stuck her head out, "You'd better not laugh at me," she said sternly before disappearing inside.

There was a lot of movement and grunting and even some cursing in the tent before Ruby reappeared with a scowl on her face. "I appreciate the effort darling but I feel ridiculous." She stepped out of the tent covered neck to ankles in the swimming outfit. "This is ridiculous. I'm doing to drown when all this," she pulled at the excess fabric, "Gets wet and weighs a million tons." She stood there before George pouting.

Fenris

Adventurer
George smiles 'here" he says and he kneels in front of her. He takes out a small pocket knife and cuts the fabric just above the knee on each leg, and cuts the arms above the elbow. "There that will be a little better at least. And wait until you see mine" he says with a smile taking his turn in the tent. In a few moments he comes out in a bathing outfit, red and white stripes, tank top and trunks to his knees. "See, not much different than yours. And even if your suit does weigh a 100 pounds when it is wet, you have more than ample buoyancy" laughs George. "Come on let's go swim."

Last edited:

Remove ads