• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AGELESS CAMPAIGN, Episode II, Part VI.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
"He'd have to consider if he wants to return to Egypt every year for the rest of his life, and continue to be so closely related to her Majesty. Of course, it's possible he already knows a way to extend his life. And from what I understand, once you begin using one method, you can't switch to another."
Pepe says, "Generally that is true, prolonged aging is generally not something that can be combined without potential fatal consequences. I would guess that he would not be willing to commit to the annual visit, but since he knows the Transportation spell that would be less of a problem for him that others." Hardin says, "Not a problem for me, I find that I rather like this place, far fewer people around here that hold a grudge against me." Pepe laughs and says, "Yes, but on that score I would suggest that you and Cetan both avoid Paris."

orchid blossom

Explorer
Hardin says, "Not a problem for me, I find that I rather like this place, far fewer people around here that hold a grudge against me." Pepe laughs and says, "Yes, but on that score I would suggest that you and Cetan both avoid Paris."

Abby laughed but nodded. "There are plenty of very angry members of the Weekly Wizards left there. I had a few unpleasant encounters myself. There's desperation among some, others are already looking for new paths to power. You made some enemies gentlemen, and they may be all the more dangerous for being unrestrained by other members of the group. But they are not here," she finished.

"It would be nice to know that Transportation spell. I see a lot of travel in my future. I'm expected in England next month."

orchid blossom

Explorer
Cetan states, "My understanding is that you have to be a very powerful wizard to master that spell."

"Yes, and I am far from it. And I don't see myself every becoming that powerful. As a human I'd have to dedicate myself almost exclusively to arcane magic to achieve that kind of mastery in my lifetime, and I have too many other interests to do that."

Silver Moon

Adventurer
"Yes, and I am far from it. And I don't see myself every becoming that powerful. As a human I'd have to dedicate myself almost exclusively to arcane magic to achieve that kind of mastery in my lifetime, and I have too many other interests to do that."
Cetan says, "Well, like Mr. Hardin, I see no reason to leave this fine country. Never have I been in a place where the leader considers me a friend." Hardin says, "Yeah, we're both staying. Although I have heard a rumor that Eastman wants to set up an AGELESS branch somewhere around here, so I may stay with the outfit if that is true."

orchid blossom

Explorer
Cetan says, "Well, like Mr. Hardin, I see no reason to leave this fine country. Never have I been in a place where the leader considers me a friend." Hardin says, "Yeah, we're both staying. Although I have heard a rumor that Eastman wants to set up an AGELESS branch somewhere around here, so I may stay with the outfit if that is true."

"That doesn't surprise me," Abby said, shoving down her discomfort with the topic of Mr. Eastman. She understood that the fact that he had been cool and decisive while here in Egypt and she had been thrown off-stride was not his fault, but she still had not liked being ordered about by the man. Her own shortcomings were amplified in her mind by that. But she would get over it.

"Gentlemen, if you feel Egypt will treat you well, I wish you good fortune in your choice. I can certainly understand it. I'll be just as glad to leave. I can't say I'd turn down more time in Europe, though. My own skills aren't welcome at home, either."

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
"That doesn't surprise me," Abby said, shoving down her discomfort with the topic of Mr. Eastman. She understood that the fact that he had been cool and decisive while here in Egypt and she had been thrown off-stride was not his fault, but she still had not liked being ordered about by the man. Her own shortcomings were amplified in her mind by that. But she would get over it.

[OOC=A Woman's Place]Hey now. Is your spinsterly womb empty? Didn't we let you out of the kitchen? With shoes on no less? And despite the rabble rousing of your suffragette friends the United States has not deigned to grant you a vote so why should I? It is 1882 and so we let you out of the house, what more do you want.

Damn it was hard to keep a straight face writing that. And BTW :p

And I don't ever recall George "ordering" Abby about.[/ooc]

orchid blossom

Explorer
OOC:
[OOC=A Woman's Place]Hey now. Is your spinsterly womb empty? Didn't we let you out of the kitchen? With shoes on no less? And despite the rabble rousing of your suffragette friends the United States has not deigned to grant you a vote so why should I? It is 1882 and so we let you out of the house, what more do you want.

Damn it was hard to keep a straight face writing that. And BTW :p

And I don't ever recall George "ordering" Abby about.[/ooc]

OOC: He didn't often. It was more that in a few situations he handed out assignments, as X, you do this, Y, take care of that. But, you know, Abby filter.

Remove ads