Ahh...nostalgia.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Ummm, there are some wonderful choices there, but not all are legal.

Eye of the Beholder was a licensed product for example, and WotC has not opened that license to the public domain.

The Auld Grump

silvermane

Explorer
Actually none of these games are legal to distribute (probably), but it's up to you... the pangs of conscience involved surely are minimal.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Well I see one very good use for the site. I've been trying to get my UFO to work on my new computer for ages without much luck. The version they have available there works without having to do anything to it. You know what this means? I get to play UFO once again! :D

TheAuldGrump

First Post
silvermane said:
Actually none of these games are legal to distribute (probably), but it's up to you... the pangs of conscience involved surely are minimal.

I saw at least one exception - Betrayal at Krondor. So I am not judging all the choices, but there are others thar are not open to distribution. (However much I want them... Darklands was great... *grumble,grumble*)

The Auld Grump

Andur

First Post
I still have the Darklands CD, haven't put it in for quite some time now, not sure if it will even run on this setup, course, I do have an old 'puter from '94 or so lying around here somewhere...

<wheels start turning, making alot of racket since I don't use them wheels much>

silvermane

Explorer
BaK was great! I must have played it some ten times or so, even though it is semi-linear (that is, you have a mission in each chapter, but you're allowed to loiter pretty much over the map). It's got over 100 riddles that a DM can try the players with (you can find all of them, with answers, at the sites devoted to the game).

Did somebody attempt a conversion of Feist's works to d20 rules?

der_kluge

Adventurer
Wicked cool. When my home computer gets fixed, I'll have to go download that Al-Qadim game. I remember playing that, but I don't remember much about it.

Remove ads