Ahsoka - SPOILERS

A2Z

Explorer
It was okay, but in the end they really didn't explain anything, and that makes the whole thing feel kind of empty. I really think the story would have benefited from being an animated follow up to rebels, instead of a short 8 episode live action show. The animated series's are much better at staying consistent and giving the time to explore ideas and provide some answers.

And in the end what about Baylan? We have no real idea what's he's about except it has something to do with the mortis gods. Which again, would have been cool to spend some time on.

Nit pick, Huyang shouldn't know the name Kanan Jarrus, he was Caleb Dune when he was a youngling.

briggart

Adventurer
It seemed very deliberate in the previous episode. Sabine offered Ezra his old lightsaber back. He replied something like "You keep it. I don't need it." He then proceeded to use a combination of martial arts and Force powers (including using his hands to block Shin's lightsaber without touching it). It seemed like he'd developed some new way of using the Force to fight without a lightsaber. But here he is building himself a new one. Ah well.
And to add insult to injury, he almost misses boarding Thrawn's SD because he's delayed by lightsaber resistant zombies on top of 300m tall tower...

Stalker0

Legend
So it was a cool show....if it had been 3 episodes. as an 8 episode arc....I mean yeah what were they doing?

I did like the green flame blade vs lightsaber fight. It was cool to see a lightsaber have to hold up against someone who can actually put their other hand on the back of their sword and manipulate it, that gave it a "speed" that was difficult for the saber to keep up with which was cool.

hehe I like how thrawn went from "time is totally on our side" to now its "phew we barely made it". They literally disabled Ahsoka's ship and they STILL nearly made it....come on!

The zombie troopers were cool.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
It will be hard for the new Baylan actor to fill the roles of his predecesors, and without a good one ,that whole storyline could fall apart.

It is bothersome that it feels like the last 10+ years Thrawn and Ezra were away, they were almost frozen in time. Okay, Thrawn got some damaged/jury-rigged repairs, but it just seems to me if Thrawn was "really" stuck in a different galaxy with a broken Star Destroyer, he'd have carved out at least a tiny empire or something. We go to a different galaxy and we see only one planet, and hear absolutely nothing about the surroundings. If they had flown any further, I guess they would have flown directly into the matte painting of stars that make out the whole galaxy.
Traveling without known hyperspace routes is very dangerous. A large enough gravity well could pull them out of hyperspace and destroy them.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Nit pick, Huyang shouldn't know the name Kanan Jarrus, he was Caleb Dune when he was a youngling.
Perhaps he found that information out at some point. Presumably, Ahsoka knew who he was as a youngling and if so, she'd have told him for sure.

MarkB

Legend
I was disappointed not to see any TIE Defenders in Thrawn's ship, unless I missed them. I know they weren't in full production, but I'd expect him to have at least a few on board if anyone did.

Vael

Legend
I was disappointed not to see any TIE Defenders in Thrawn's ship, unless I missed them. I know they weren't in full production, but I'd expect him to have at least a few on board if anyone did.
If he had had any, he might have lost them ... note that the Eye of Sion had to come down to him, not the Star Destroyer go up to it.

Remove ads