• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AI is stealing writers’ words and jobs…

Ryujin

Legend
Who decides what a fair wage is?

I've commissioned pieces ranging from 25 dollars to over 100. So please tell me what a fair wage is.

Because I'm sure the artist and the evil corpos have a differing view on "fair wage" hence the "price it out of existence"
If you negotiate with an artist, ahead of time, then the "fair wage" is decided in that way. If you use an artist's work out of license then it's either what the artist determines, or what the courts determine, and when courts determine it then it's generally higher than you would have originally paid if a negotiated rate. Sometimes orders of magnitude higher.

Assuming that the courts don't buy the Fair use argument regarding the images used to train models like stable diffusion (which I'm guessing a number of folks here are against IN THIS CASE because it's unethical capitalism in action) , you would then need to work out where each image came from show that it originated with the person claiming they made it

So basically as one person pointed out in comparison to Adobe's payment to folks, enjoy your 50 dollars. That's only if you can get around the numerous ToS that include waivers like binding arbitration and no class action.

You can't. You can only price it into China's lap. They don't care about stealing ideas and content. It might be possible to stop America from being the AI leader, but you can't stop AI from existing.
Something I thought of before i slept was the fact that while most of the discussion has been on the evil corpos (I need to stop playing CP77) no one other than me has brought up the fact that there's hundreds if not thousands of non-corpo related folks creating models that are offered for free.

At the very least you'd have to hit the aforementioned civitai with a C&D, then hit GitHub with who knows how many take down notices, followed possibly by discord

Scribe

Legend
Something I thought of before i slept was the fact that while most of the discussion has been on the evil corpos (I need to stop playing CP77) no one other than me has brought up the fact that there's hundreds if not thousands of non-corpo related folks creating models that are offered for free.

At the very least you'd have to hit the aforementioned civitai with a C&D, then hit GitHub with who knows how many take down notices, followed possibly by discord

Yes at this point its well beyond corporations, Government needed to well...govern, and thats not really what they do anymore.

Remove ads