Air Pirates: Episode 1: The Revenge of The Air Pirates:FULL!

Shayuri

First Post
Hee, I meant is the Magic Item Compendium a valid source for the game...I know it's a good book. :)

As for instant gratification...they're all fairly instant, kind of. Just the sort of gratification varies. The nice thing about Storm or Windstorm is specifically access to Call Lightning...which is such a great spell for an air priest, I can't believe it's not on the Air domain list. :)

The higher level spells are also good...

I'm also looking at an Air Shugenja. But then she loses undead turning goodness, access to Divine feats, and ALL domain powers. So...nah.

pathfinderq1

First Post
My printing of the PHB has Air domain's granted power as turn/rebuke Earth elemental types (not sure if that has been erratted out)- that may alter your choice a bit... I'll agree that the elemental savant PrC sounds pretty tempting.

EvolutionKB

First Post
I would avoid elemental savant. Versatility is good, and when you can only cast lightning based enegy spells it can be bad(when things are immune)

Shayuri

First Post
Good point about the Savant, though clerics have enough other options that I'm not too worried about electricity-immune things...

And here's the desc of Air domain's granted power from the 3.5 SRD:

Turn or destroy earth creatures as a good cleric turns undead. Rebuke, command, or bolster air creatures as an evil cleric rebukes undead. Use these abilities a total number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier. This granted power is a supernatural ability.

They turn/destroy Earth, rebuke/command Air. :)

The direction so far seems to be to keep Air and go for Thaumaturge, nevermind Savant. That seems like a fine idea. Thanks for the help, guys. :)

Pyrex

First Post
Bloodweaver1 said:
The DM says that there are going to quiet a few runs into the local undead. That maybe something to consider if you are our only undead turner.

Who needs Turn undead when you can Command them instead? :]

(Athelstan has it covered if Shayuri's char ends up without Turn Undead)

Shayuri

First Post
I'm keeping Turn Undead, to power my Divine Metamagic and to deal with enemy undead.

Remember, it's hard to Command undead. Just as hard as Destroying them. At our level, turning has a much better chance of success. You can Bolster our undead though!

And once I go Thaumaturge, my turning will be less potent, since it doesn't add to my check.

Pyrex

First Post
Shayuri said:
Remember, it's hard to Command undead. Just as hard as Destroying them. At our level, turning has a much better chance of success. You can Bolster our undead though!

Right. But 3 times out of 4, Rebuke is better than Turn anyway. That way you don't have to chase them down to finish them off. ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases