Airwalkrr's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft IC

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"Excellent! I suppose we ought to move out," Skinflint says with a wink. "First thing in the morning then? Traveling around in the middle of the night is not wise here in Barovia."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
At daybreak, you leave the Weary Horse Inn and begin your trek to the village of Barovia. Black pools of water stand like dark mirrors about the muddy roadway. A pall of thick, cold mist spreads over the ground. Giant tree trunks stand guard on both sides of the road, their branches clawing at the mists. In every direction the fog grows thicker and the forest seems more oppressive.

It is many hours before you finally come to the Gates of Barovia. Gray in the fog, high stone pillars loom up from the impenetrable woods on both sides of the road. Huge iron gates hand from the stonework, dew clinging to their rusting bars. Standing before the pillars are two stone statues of armed guardians with wicked polearms. Their carved heads lie among the weeds at their feet, neatly broken from the stone shoulders.

The Old Svalich Road continues to wind through the forest beyond the gate. "Not far now, I gather," Skinflint says as you stand looking at the gates from afar. "From what I recall the village should be about a quarter mile beyond these gates."
GM: Sorry for the delay. I have not had a lot of time for posting lately. Things should pick up again in January.

kinem

Adventurer
"Is this gate ever closed? I doubt it, but I wouldn't want us to get trapped in the village, if there's trouble. On the other hand, if we need to escape, perhaps we could then close it behind us. Can you tell how it works?"

Don inspects the gate for a locking mechanism.

Don’t bother...
Floch responds
If the legends are true, it is said that the ruler of the land is the one who choose if one leave his land or not. Locked gates are your last trouble.

kinem

Adventurer
"Maybe so, but we don't know if the ruler is our only enemy here, and not all legends are true."

Last edited:

Remove ads