Airwalkrr's Greyhawk: The Forgotten Depths of Kulkanor IC

Voda Vosa

First Post
Muzdum tries to clumsily hit the fire beetle in front of him, but is too startled to connect. He will keep trying to slice the bugs in two however, despite his original failure.

[sblock=Actions]
I rolled three attack rolls, for the sake of speed.
1d20+4; 2d4+4 → [4,4] = (8)
1d20+4; 2d4+4 → [3,4,4] = (11)
1d20+4; 2d4+4 → [7,4] = (11)
1d20+4; 2d4+4 → [2,4,4] = (10)
1d20+4; 2d4+4 → [15,4] = (19)
1d20+4; 2d4+4 → [2,4,4] = (10)

I think only the third gave any chance of hitting.
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hanon not wanting to fill useless again moves quickly into the room and brings his mace down at the fire bettle near Valeska.

[sblock=action] Charge in :) [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] I'm not sure are we suppose to roll are attacks or just state are actions and then you post what happens in the round. I like the latter myself.[/sblock]

[sblock=spells]
1st lvl:
Bless
Cure light wounds
Cure light wounds [/sblock]

possum

First Post
Thamior swings his blade towards the nearest fire beetle, hoping to end the battle against the insects quickly. His swing, however, is far from as good as he would like, and the elf swings far too high above the bugs.

1d20+1=3, 1d8=1'

EDIT: If this real life, those dice would be embedded in the wall...

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=Regarding Posting Actions]For most combats, I like for you to post your next three intended actions, along with rolls as necessary. For instance:
round 1: attack nearest monster with bow
round 2: engage nearest monster
round 3: attack monster with sword
contingency: if below half hp, drink potion of healing instead of above
Then post two attack rolls along with damage rolls, one for the bow attack and one for the sword attack. If you get multiple attacks some rounds, be sure to take that into consideration.

Note that in 1st edition, there are not a lot of modifiers to rolls. Unless you have exceptional Str and are a fighter, you probably won't have a bonus to your attack rolls. Just roll the d20 and I'll compare it to the chart for your level to see if you hit. Some weapons (like the longbow) grant a bonus to attack rolls and you might get a Dex adjustment for missile weapons. The only other common situation in which you need to modify your d20 roll is when you are wielding a magic weapon. But none of you have such a weapon yet. Thamior also gets a +1 adjustment on attack rolls with longswords, short swords and bows.

There are even fewer adjustments to damage. Usually it is only for exceptional Str.

I will roll any saving throws needed.[/sblock]

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
The beetles look like a threat. Even if they're not, Muzdum will probably pick a fight with them anyway. Luth charges forward and attacks the fire beetles. "At least these ones can't talk us out of taking their stuff!"

[sblock=OOC]Round one: Charge and attack with longsword: 19 hit for 7 dmg
Round two: Keep attacking fire beetles with longsword: 6 hit for 5 dmg
Round three: Keep attacking fire beetles with longsword: 4 hit for 8 dmg
Rolls[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Hanon and Luth charge forward making daring strikes against the fire beetles. Hanon's mace falls short of its mark, perhaps a sign of his nervousness about the dangerous conditions within the dungeon. However Luth's blade finds its mark, skewering the beetle before it can even react. Muzdum, Valeska and Thamior follow up to engage the remaining beetle, taking up positions on all sides. The beast rears up and lets out a kind of chittering roar. It thrashes about with its mandibles at Hanon, laying a deep bite into his side that pierces his armor (3 damage). But even though the monster draws blood, the wound is not life-threatening. Hanon, seemed to be possessed of a righteous fury brings his weapon down fiercely upon the monster's head in retribution. The creature falls to the ground, twitching for a second before the life ebbs out of its body.

Hanon withdraws his mace, it drips with the glowing fluid from the beetle's head. It is as bright as any torch. This could prove useful.

[sblock=Time Spent in Dungeon]2 turns, 4 rounds[/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Thinking quickly, Valeska dips her sword into the beetle's glowing ichor and holds it aloft.

"Okay, is everyone all right? Where are we, and what else is in this room?"

She starts looking around, checking the corners.

Remove ads