Airwalkrr's Greyhawk: The Forgotten Depths of Kulkanor IC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"You..you will use wh..wh..what is gained t..t..to take a bath? W..w..won't you?" Hanon says to the dwarf as he holds the torch a little higher for Valeska and Kit to see the north door.

His mace he holds in his other hand ready should anymore monsters appear.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Nay, 'f I do dat I'll stop bein' so annoying." replies Muzdum smiling broadly. "And even if I wanted to, I don't think it would be enough to remove so much filth! Hah! Hahaha!"

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Luth - Human Ranger

"I think they want us to go that way," Luth says to Valeska. "Or maybe they're trying to trick us into trying the other doors?" He folds his arms and studies the five doors out of the room. He sighs. "Yeah, let's go through the northern door. Lead the way, Valeska, I'm right behind you." He readies his sword and moves to behind Valeska.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Kit stares straight ahead towards the northern door. "Wait!" he cries, "Did you see that?" Without waiting for a response he dashes through the northern door and heads down the hallway beyond conjuring a small ball of light as he goes to light his way. You can see him run down to the end of the hallway and then turn right. It all happens so fast that you don't even have time to react. Before you know what happened, he is gone.

You press uneasily forward after the wayward mage. What was it he saw? Is it dangerous? You move down the hallway a short distance, about 12 meters, until it turns sharply right. At the end of the hall to the right the hall widens into a large chamber. At the far end of the chamber, perhaps 40 meters away, you see what appears to be a pair of lantern lights dancing around. Could this be Kit?

[sblock=OOC]Kobold Stew, aka Kit, has had to depart from the game for personal reasons. His mysterious exit allows him the possibility to return perhaps at some point in the future.

Also, sorry it has taken me a while. RL has been busy.[/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Valeska frowns, then brightens. At first, she didn't know what to think of someone who felt strong enough to lecture her, and then bolt away... but then, if he is to disappear as mysteriously as he arrived, then perhaps the gods did in fact send him as a sign. As she trudged down the hallway, her mood improved.

And then, ahead, the lantern lights. Now she thought quickly. Is that the mage, or a foe?

That's two lights, Valeska realizes. That's not Kit.

The kobolds did not have their own lights--is it them or not, either? Not wanting to get caught off guard in the passage, but not knowing what awaits her, she runs at top speed toward the chamber. Before entering the chamber, she plants her foot on the passageway wall on the left side, and vaults into the room, landing to the right of the passage.

Voda Vosa

First Post
The dwarf tries his best to trot side by side with the woman, buy his short legs are not as quick. He comes into the chamber a brief moment after her. "I think dose are not from di mage, unless dat Kit transformed into the other light, which seems unlikely, that lad was only a bag of hot air." the dwarf grunts and marches prposely towards the lights, broadsword in hand, ready to strike them down.

OOC: reading action, strike little lights down if they do anything funny.

possum

First Post
"And it gets odder," Thamior mentions upon seeing the two lights. The elf tries to silently close the distance to around 20 feet, hoping to get a better look at the lights.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hanon left behind by his indecision to follow Kit or not, brings up the rear. It is hard for him to see the lights up ahead due to his closeness to the torchlight.

He keeps alert as he was taught looking about the corridor incase something tries jumping out at the group.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Valeska's guarded actions are the antithesis of Muzdum's. The dwarf moves purposely ahead to make what he can of the lights. Once you bring up the rear with your torchlight, you can see that it is about as wide as the room before, only a bit longer.

Muzdum quickly senses that the lights are only part of something greater, and with his infravision a larger pair of bodies connected to the lights take form. They are not quite as hot as a mammal, but they are definitely warmer than the ambient air around them. The shapes that he sees are a bit horrid, however. The appear insectoid, six spindly legs supported a more massive segmented whole. The "lanterns" are attached to the head, or rather, they are the heads. Muzdum suddenly recognizes them for what they are.

"Bugger," he mumbles, then calls out, "Fire beetles!"

The creatures let out a terrible chattering sound that sets your nerves on edge. These monsters seem to be very hungry, and you are on the menu!

[sblock=OOC]Combat is about to begin. Everyone post your actions for the first round. There is no surprise. I'll post the results of the first round as soon as I get actions from everyone.[/sblock]

Remove ads