Airwalkrr's Greyhawk: The Forgotten Depths of Kulkanor IC

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Kit bends down, runs his fingers through the sand of the floor: would he notice footprints at this late stage that might belong to some other creature? Probably not. He takes a scoop of sand in his hand, and feels the gentles shift as a few grains escape.

Kit is suspicious at the kobold's behaviour, and reaches for his knife, just in case. But his colleagues are hooked, so he keeps an eye out for an ambush.

possum

First Post
Not completely trusting the kobolds, Thamior examines the area around the bags closely, looking for anything suspicious. They are fearing for their life, he thinks, and might lead us into a trap to save their own skins. The elf thinks of the dwarf and his bloodlust. I certainly hope they aren't; for their sakes, he finishes thinking.

1d100=63

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Ye better not be settin' us in a trap, bloody rats, if ye are, I swear I'll raise from my grave to hunt ye down." the dwarf menaces shaking his fist. After satisfyingly watching the reaction of the kobolds, and if all seems safe, the dwarf will open the sacks and peek inside.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] don't now if location of character is nessacary but if it is Hanon is about the center of the room to provide as much light everywhere as possible. [/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]There is no sand on the floor. A little bit of dust perhaps tracked in from creatures coming and going, but this is an ancient giant ruin and it is well-built. The floors are masonry, not dirt.[/sblock]
As Muzdum peers inside the bag, he hears a click. But before he can mutter a profane string of curses, the room is instantly flooded with a stinging gas. The acrid stinging blinds you and makes your eyes water profusely, but you can do little more than try to flood them with water from your skins or wipe them with a rag. When the gas finally clears (which takes several minutes given the enclosed conditions), you each get your vision back. The acrid smell hangs in the air, but at least you can see. Unfortunately, in all the chaos, it seems the kobolds got away.

As a consolation however, it does appear that the kobolds were not lying about the contents of the sack. It contains a large number of silver coins. It might take a couple minutes to count them all, even if you work together.

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Luth - Human Ranger

*cough* *cough* "Pleh! Pleh! By Lendor's endless wait, I knew we should have just killed all those things. We would have found their stupid silver without them." Luth shakes his head and squats down by the money to begin counting it. His progress is slow and deliberate. "Am I the only one who's worried that there's a trap hiding in this money, too?"

"So, Thamior, if we see these guys again to we have to let them surrender again and then trick us again?"

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Valeska doubles over, shakes her head, and takes care not to heave strongly.

"We can't let them live now...>cough< if they insist on harming us, although indirectly."

"Come," she coughs, "Let's get ourselves some fresh air..."

Valeska heads back toward the entrance, ready to let the sun and outside air in.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"We can't let them live now...>cough< if they insist on harming us, although indirectly."

"On the contrary," insists Kit, "They did us no actual harm and bought their escape at a dear price. They had a responsibility to escape, as would you, were the situations reversed. They could have misled us, drawn us into great danger. Instead they offered us a minor distraction." He wipes the sockets of his eyes.

"Valeska, you in particular should know better. You speak of revenge against helpless captives who sought their escape but no real harm to you. Your response tells me you would not have done been as gentle as they."

"We are the invaders, here, and though our intentions are good we dare not for a moment think that we have a right to kill someone or something that we have already defeated and who does us no actual harm."

possum

First Post
I think I'd be the better paladin, if the orders would allow anything other than humans, Thamior thinks as he hears Valeska speak of hunting down the kobolds and killing them. "I'd do the same thing again," he speaks as he pours a bit of water from his skin into his eyes. He blinks hard, trying to bring his tears in as "reinforcments." "Besides, it was our own greed that led to this. By the way, I'm sorry that I missed it," he adds.

Remove ads