Airwalkrr's Legends of Mistyka

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=arcanaman]The only way to get a "job" performing is by earning recognition. As a neophyte, no one has ever heard of you so Griffith is not giving you a job so much as he is allowing you to use his tavern as a stage. Income is not guaranteed. Follow the guidelines in the Player's Handbook regarding the Perform skill. You must consistently make DC 20+ performances for anyone to consider hiring you on a regular basis. A single check may be made after a day's work to determine your earnings. For all intents and purposes, you are prevented from adventuring any day you do a peformance. The life of an artist is rough. :)[/sblock]

"Comin' right up, darlin'! the lovely Tian replies to Aredal's request. Within a few minutes, he is served up a warm mug of mead. "Four commons, please," she says with a smile.

Commons are the unit of copper piece currency.

****​

"Well met, Markon," the elf nods and extends his hand in friendship, "if you are indeed interested, I'll tell you what I propose. I am a purveyor of magical goods, as you might know. And I am particularly interested in acquiring new magical spells. Should you come across any scrolls containing spells I am unfamiliar with, I'll offer you far more than any typical merchant for it. But you have to promise me first pick. What do you say to that?"

*****​

When Melara mentions a quest, Griffith gets a twinkle in his eye, "Well, it seems you are in luck, my lady," he says, gesturing towards a human and an elf standing by the bar, "allow me to introduce Markon. I hear he's headed to Duomir seeking treasure and adventure!"

arcanaman

First Post
being turned down again Lyrea heads to the table with the others believeing this is her best shot at making money maybe she will find a good story or song on the way

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Airwalkrr said:
"Well met, Markon," the elf nods and extends his hand in friendship, "if you are indeed interested, I'll tell you what I propose. I am a purveyor of magical goods, as you might know. And I am particularly interested in acquiring new magical spells. Should you come across any scrolls containing spells I am unfamiliar with, I'll offer you far more than any typical merchant for it. But you have to promise me first pick. What do you say to that?"

"I offer you my word that you shall have the first choice of any scroll I possess." He takes the elf's hand and shakes it politely. "Is there any information that could potentially help either of us, or simply keep me alive? I would appreciate to hear it before I made my venture."

Markon hears the gruff bartender announce his journey, "May I ask your name?" he asks with a bow that seemed a strange combination between clumsy and graceful.

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
"Here you are." Aredal says handing the money to the girl. He notices Lyrea coming back to the table. "You singing tonight?" He asks with a smile. "It seems that Markon found new company" Aredal remarks to the bard and nods towards the half-orc and the elf talking to Markon.

[sblock=OOC]My money is now 7gp, 7sp, and 3cp :D.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
When Melara mentions a quest, Griffith gets a twinkle in his eye, "Well, it seems you are in luck, my lady," he says, gesturing towards a human and an elf standing by the bar, "allow me to introduce Markon. I hear he's headed to Duomir seeking treasure and adventure!"
Treasure and adventure, eh, sounds like my kind of lot, Melara says as she extends her hand to greet Markon. "I'm in need of exactly both, as the funds for this sword have got me in a bit of a pickle. I'm not just a strong arm, but also quite the astute student of tappery the and roguish trade. Melara is the name and I'm sure you might be needing my kind of help."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
"A sword is welcome on any travel. As you see, I carry little in the way of weapons. I could always use the protection." He gave a sly wink as he shook the hand of Melara. He turned back to the elf, "Is there anything of interest you can inform my new companion and I about?"

airwalkrr

Adventurer
The discomfort on Quarion's face is apparent as Melara moves closer to the conversation, but he regains his composure and answers Markon's question, "Sadly, I'm not much of a scholar of Duomir. Though I do know a bit about all things dwarven. They have a particular fancy with earth magic and have been known to protect their domains with creatures possessed of the stuff. Those are the only possessions you are likely to encounter though. That rubbish about Duomir being haunted is probably just that, utter poppycock."

"Don't be so sure, friend elf," Griffith cautions, "I've seen many a good explorer come back from Duomir with haunting tales of whispers in the shadows and strange feelings of being watched."

"Well, it is no doubt very spooky in a dark dungeon, but that happens when your eyes are less than keen. Elves lack that particular..." he pauses as if looking for the right word, "flaw. At any rate, I would make sure you are fleet of foot. Creatures of earth are powerful when fought hand-to-hand, but not so quick. Chances are you should at least be able to outrun any you come across that are too much a test for your mettle."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Just for clarification, Griffith (NPC), the owner, is behind the bar. Quarion (NPC), Markon (OnlytheStrong), and Melara (Reveille) are standing in front of the bar talking while Aredal (Blackrat) is sipping mead at a table by himself. Some of your characters may already know each other. You may want to discuss that in the OOC thread (i.e. the recruitment thread) before carrying much further. I am operating under the assumption that your characters have at least met and are relatively local unless otherwise indicated.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Markon nods slightly, ''Thank you for the ...... knowledge. It will definetly come in handy. I must excuse myself." Without another word he spins and seats himself by Aredal, informing him of what he recently found out as well as the deal he struck.

Remove ads