Airwalkrr's Legends of Mistyka

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Lyrea excuses herself to go pry gossip from the locals.

[sblock=arcanaman]See my post in the OOC thread about posting links. I am guessing you rolled a natural 15, plus your modifier for Gather Information is +8. Next time just report it as a linked 23 and add the modifier when you roll. After a couple hours asking around, you learn that there has been an ankheg that has been molesting farmers fairly close to town. Usually ankhegs are fairly benign and good for the soil, so farmers try to leave them alone, but this one, said to have yellow spots on its carapace, has been spotted close to populated towns and has been behaving aggressively. It has already attacked several livestock and the Peacekeepers, who have yet to track it down, are offering 400 gp for its distinctive carapace. Rumor has it that it usually strikes at night on the outskirts of town near lone livestock.[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
arcanaman, now is your chance to explain what you've found, in-character, through your Gather Information check. To the others, if you aren't going to go looking for side-quests, I suggest you re-tool your equipment so that you have a bit of left-over money for provisions. Sorry, I should have made it clear that the ruins of Duomir are not in the immediate vicinity.

arcanaman

First Post
Oh soory my Mistake Ankhegs are attacking the outskirts of the village and their is a small lump sum invovoled what does everyone else want to do?

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I say we slay the foul critter. We could use the money to buy some rations or flasks for water. Melara's lips widen as if to smile but never form one. I'm achin' for a good fight anyway.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
It is now early afternoon on a clear day. When do you wish to leave and which direction do you wish to exit the city from? There is a north gate and a south gate.

[sblock=Knowledge (geography) DC 12: The highways around Dillarak]The North Gate leads to a fork less than a mile outside of town. The west fork heads into the hills for a farming community called Innhurst. The east fork leads into the Empire of Johak. The South Gate will take you deep into the Lakea plains, the heart of the Kingdom of Macea, of which Dillarak is a part. In the immediate vicinity of the South Gate is a cluster of trees and shrubs known as the Brazen Brush.[/sblock]

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Yes, sounds important to me and could provide some money to get rations. Have we got any more information about the attacks? Aredal asks the bard.

Remove ads