Pathfinder 1E airwalkrr's Rise of the Runelords AE PBP Reborn! [OOC]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
PM, I think in this case airwalkrr wanted us to play both sides of the conversation, and go ahead and write it all out. Since these NPCs aren't written into the adventure their responses aren't scripted - we're free to write them for ourselves, all the way out to the end of that particular interaction.
Oh, I fully understood that, Mowgs. That was not what I am talking about.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
hey all, I know I was supposed to be in the game, And I am trying to get the character done, I guess I am trying to ask, as I m not ready quite yet and the game has already been going, am I still still allowed here?

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[MENTION=88649]perrinmiller[/MENTION]There are a couple aspects as to why I rolled the Diplomacy check. In the first place, it did seem as though your character was intending to charm her. Thus I assumed a Diplomacy check would be necessary at some point. Secondly, as you well know, back-and-forth interactions with NPCs take a very long time in PBP. For "GM reasons" I did not feel it necessary to play that out with that particular NPC at that moment. So in summary, yes, you had the right of it; I made a judgment call and was just moving things along. I will only roll skill checks for you if 1) the consequences of failure are non-existent or minor and 2) I judge that it is much more expeditious to make the roll myself.

You are correct that I am limiting extended NPC interactions right now. I've been trying to give at least brief NPC responses. I do intend for you to get acquainted with them, but I am also trying to portray the rather rushed and excited festival atmosphere. There are so many things going on, not a lot of people are stopping to smell the roses. If I've missed any, I apologize. It's also important for the player characters to get to know each other, since you'll be spending the most time with them, it's good to bond early. As for NPCs, you will have many chances to have more detailed conversations in the future. Look at the current situation as a chance to learn some of the main players and popular figures in town and make acquaintance with them. You will have time for more complex relationships eventually, but so far only a few hours have actually passed in game time.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
hey all, I know I was supposed to be in the game, And I am trying to get the character done, I guess I am trying to ask, as I m not ready quite yet and the game has already been going, am I still still allowed here?
By all means! You're technically on the "alternate" list, but as I said you're welcome to partake in all the roleplaying and advance in wealth and experience alongside the others as if your character were part of a second party investigating the same things. Golarion has need for more than just one party of heroes, so why wouldn't they collaborate from time to time?

perrinmiller

Adventurer
There are a couple aspects as to why I rolled the Diplomacy check.

You are correct that I am limiting extended NPC interactions right now. I've been trying to give at least brief NPC responses. I do intend for you to get acquainted with them, but I am also trying to portray the rather rushed and excited festival atmosphere. There are so many things going on, not a lot of people are stopping to smell the roses. If I've missed any, I apologize. It's also important for the player characters to get to know each other, since you'll be spending the most time with them, it's good to bond early. As for NPCs, you will have many chances to have more detailed conversations in the future. Look at the current situation as a chance to learn some of the main players and popular figures in town and make acquaintance with them. You will have time for more complex relationships eventually, but so far only a few hours have actually passed in game time.
No worries. I think you are still getting a feel for my posting style as well. I am with you on what you are doing. ;)

I do like to "smell the roses" and I don't see why doing so has to even hold up the game if you do it right. I just hoped the other players would respond more often to the conversations, but that is hard to do if they are not posting as frequently. ;) But we did just have a big holiday weekend.

So far I've only handed out a few minor RP awards so no need to feel competitive. :) They are less an incentive and more a little extra reward to players who post frequently and in detail.
Thrindar: 14/1,300
Nuko: 12/1,300
Kelvyn: 16/1,300
Jamir: 24/1,300
Thanks! :)

Scott DeWar

By all means! You're technically on the "alternate" list, but as I said you're welcome to partake in all the roleplaying and advance in wealth and experience alongside the others as if your character were part of a second party investigating the same things. Golarion has need for more than just one party of heroes, so why wouldn't they collaborate from time to time?

oh yeah, alternate. I forgot. I was feeling guily because I am not quite done with dr jekyl/ mr hyde.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION], I have a few thoughts on Jekyll's background. It seems a little... difficult to comprehend. I believe I get the jist, especially since it is essentially a copy of a popular literary figure, but you might want to go through it and re-write it a bit. Right now, it looks to be in rough draft form. Get rid of a few run-on sentences and clarify the meaning of a few things. Also, Sandpoint is a fairly small town, but you wrote that Jekyll moved to a larger city where he would be less likely to be noticed. Unless Jekyll originally came from a very tiny village, Sandpoint is not exactly a better place to blend into a crowd. Instead, perhaps Jekyll came from Korvosa, Magnimar, or Riddleport, and wanted a smaller community where he could lay low and few people from his home city would think to look for him.

Everything else for Jekyll looks okay. I only gave the mechanics a once-over. I'm not too picky about it.

Scott DeWar

Thanks for the review, airwalker. I will try and make changes, but I do not know what my internet connection will do in terms of cooperation.

edit:And as I had figured, i am having troubles. please be patient. Now let's see f this goes to the aether world . . . . .

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
No worries, Scott. If anything just try to keep up with what is going on the IC thread.

How is the pacing so far, everyone? New post is up in the IC.

Remove ads