Pathfinder 1E airwalkrr's Rise of the Runelords AE PBP Reborn! [OOC]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I go to the listing in my settings button to find all of the threads I am following that have new posts.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Thanks for the catch, kinem, and thanks for the solution, Tailspinner.

Sorry there was no update Thursday. I meant to post one but got a nasty migraine early in the day, and the Imitrex shot didn't help as much as it usually does so it kinda ruined my day. So I didn't feel like spending much time looking at a bright screen. I plan to update later today.

Scott DeWar

[MENTION=12460]airwalkrr[/MENTION], have you tried the darker backgrounds?

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I use Legacy background already. My eyes perceive brightness whether I use a white background or black. The screen is still putting out light, even if it is the color black. And since my migraines generally make me dizzy, scrolling nearly makes me want to hurl. It just isn't an option. Had another migraine today unfortunately but it was after I posted the update and this time the shot worked more like it is supposed to. I think occasionally I inject it into too much muscle by accident so it takes a longer time to reach my blood stream; they are supposed to go into fatty tissue. I generally only go through about 10 of them every six months since I have gotten the migraines more or less under control so it's not like I practice the injections on a regular basis.

Scott DeWar

I generally only go through about 10 of them every six months since I have gotten the migraines more or less under control so it's not like I practice the injections on a regular basis.
not like a diabetic where I give myself up to 5 injections per day?

Scott DeWar

By the way, I a guessing that the alts are not to be active in the invasion? If we can, Then Dr. Jekyll needs to lead the towns folk to safety!

airwalkrr

Adventurer
No, not diabetic. So my skill with injections is limited.

You are welcome to narrate Jekyll's role in the invasion as much or as little as you like Scott. He's there, he simply is not taking part in the exact same battle the rest of the PCs are and the ultimate outcome will depend on their actions. In other words, Jekyll can take part figuratively, but he cannot influence the outcome in a direct way, like saving a particular NPC that the main party fails to save, or stopping a disaster the main party fails to stop. Now, he could encounter them briefly between encounters, much like Sheriff Hemlock has just encountered them. Perhaps Sheriff Hemlock even saw Jekyll fighting goblins in the crowd (if that is how you want to narrate it) and deputizes him as well but sends him elsewhere, perhaps taking him to the East Gate. And in a grand melee, he might even (narratively) engage with the main party momentarily in some small way that has a negligible effect on things. To summarize, he can be involved in the narrative, but not the mechanics.

This actually brings up something I wanted to make known to the rest of the group, although it is only tangentially related. Even though this is an Adventure Path, I do not tend to run games that are tightly structured around a single story. I am mixing the "Adventure Path" concept with the "Sandbox" concept a bit, such that Varisia is your sandbox. Although there will be a main story which is the adventure path, the world of Golarion is alive with other stories to be told, and you will be allowed to pursue those stories if you like, although they are likely to be relatively short. I am very much a "journey over destination" person. My goal is not to finish the adventure path, but to enjoy telling a great story with my players. If the players choose to pursue the main story over the others, there's nothing wrong with that, but neither is there anything wrong with deviating from the main plot if you enjoy it.

Remove ads