Pathfinder 1E airwalkrr's Rise of the Runelords AE PBP Reborn! [OOC]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
This actually brings up something I wanted to make known to the rest of the group, although it is only tangentially related. Even though this is an Adventure Path, I do not tend to run games that are tightly structured around a single story. I am mixing the "Adventure Path" concept with the "Sandbox" concept a bit, such that Varisia is your sandbox. Although there will be a main story which is the adventure path, the world of Golarion is alive with other stories to be told, and you will be allowed to pursue those stories if you like, although they are likely to be relatively short. I am very much a "journey over destination" person. My goal is not to finish the adventure path, but to enjoy telling a great story with my players. If the players choose to pursue the main story over the others, there's nothing wrong with that, but neither is there anything wrong with deviating from the main plot if you enjoy it.
Sounds fine to me. :)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I was thinking he got the two ladies and the cobbler brother hidden and safe in the cathedral while he stood out side throwing bombs at the goblins.

Having him stationed by the gate to continue with bomb throwing and other alchemist activities He would love that. The goblins would love the sight too - I imagine they would be entranced by the thing that goes boom and would then become easy targets!

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I'm good with some sandbox, but I'd really like to run through this AP! I've been trying forever to get into a game running this one and they all end up folding right about the place where we are currently.

It's the play that's important, but for an adventure that has such a fabulous reputation this one just never seems to even get off the ground for me. This one seems to have the best shot of any I've been in . . .

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I'm good with some sandbox, but I'd really like to run through this AP! I've been trying forever to get into a game running this one and they all end up folding right about the place where we are currently.

It's the play that's important, but for an adventure that has such a fabulous reputation this one just never seems to even get off the ground for me. This one seems to have the best shot of any I've been in . . .
If the meat of the AP is what you want to focus on Mowgli, then I will make those hooks a little more obvious for you. I wasn't intended to obscure anything though. It would be more like having a main adventure with a clear storyline, and then a wounded soldier strays into town saying his squad was attacked by vicious fey while scouting in the forests. So those sort of hooks will pop up. If you are focusing on the main story, you might simply help him heal and get back to his next CO in the chain of command. I just want to make it feel as though you are living in a world where there is more going on than just "The Rise of the Runelords."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Just a heads up, with holiday vacation coming I will be out of the country from 24-31 Dec. While normally I would be visiting relatives and have Internet along with some time to post, this year it is a tour package and we will be staying in various hotels as we move from city to city. So my smart phone Internet and laptop Wi-Fi capability are unknown.

If necessary you can NPC my character.

Merry Christmas!

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I've been really swamped with family stuff over the last week, so sorry for no posts. I get back into town on the 1st and should have the next update posted by the 2nd. Happy holidays everyone!

Edit: I really thought I had made a post about this before I left town, but it looks like I didn't. Sorry, friends. :(

Remove ads