• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

airwalkrr's Rise of the Runelords (OOC)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Well, the trauma from the accident wasn't terrible. I didn't break anything, but I did suffer whiplash, lumbar stress, and a concussion. My physician and physical therapist say that if I continue a hearty physical therapy regimen, I should make a full recovery, but it might be a year before that happens. So the prognosis is good as long as I stick to the physical therapy. I plan to continue physical therapy for as long as possible. I've already seen marked improvements. But the pain comes and goes. My goal is to be able to start running and exercising again though, so my physical therapist is pushing me as far as I can go without aggravating my symptoms. Sometimes it leaves me very sore, but a good kind of sore, like after a rigorous work-out.

Anyway, the pain is bearable right now, but I'm not able to resume normal work and school activities at the moment. And my brain is usually working well enough. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up in case I disappear for a few days.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
With the frozen shoulder, torn rotator cup and tendon inflammation from shoulder to fingers, I have lots of fun in weather changes and cold weather. lots of fun. I feel your pain, Airwalker. The EnWorld lurker above.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I've got a question or two to pose to you guys. Do you feel the town of Sandpoint is sufficiently fleshed out on the OP site to give you an interest in visiting certain locations? Also, do you routinely visit the OP site before making an IC post to check on campaign information? If not, then what do you feel is missing, or do you prefer to simply keep track of things in the IC thread?

Thanks for your feedback. I want to know how much time I should invest in the OP site, whether it should be a major tool in the campaign or a basic one.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I love the OP site! I've spent some time over the weekend reading through some of the material there. I think my issue is more a combination of difficulty dealing with sandbox style and not really having thought about what Marcos does in his free time.

But having that information repository is excellent. I also have intention of posting at least occasional journal entries, and setting up a page on the wiki to keep some notes.

Shayuri

First Post
Yep to both. Weekends are just not the best posting time for me, and this last one was particularly busy with all the stuff I put off during the week. :)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
No love lost over the lack of posting over the weekend [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]. As I mentioned earlier, it is something I have learned to expect with PBP. As long as people are actively posting during the week, I have no issues. Three posts per week minimum is my expectation, whenever you can fit them in. And as always, real life comes first. If you have pressing RL stuff, please take care of that first and drop me a line to let me know you are busy when you get the chance. I don't start to worry someone has lost interest or something major has come up until the two-week mark.

In any case, it's not really why I asked the question. I just want to see how much you guys are using the OP site so far and whether you'd like to see more work put into it or whether you prefer most of the background stuff to take place in the IC thread. Right now, I am doing periodic updates to the OP site, adding a page or character every few days or so. I'd like to know what the rest of you think. Thanks for replying Mowgli and Shayuri!

SelcSilverhand

First Post
I really like the OP site and the sandpoint Wiki. I like the brief descriptions of each place. It might be cool to have a line after all the places we've visited with the names of workers, owners, etc that we meet. It'll make it easier for roleplaying places that we visit frequently or when we go somewhere to commission an item.

I'm also trying to figure out Vhir's personality and where his interests would lie. His first stops to the bars and taverns seems appropriate as those are the places where a Barbarian is least likely to feel out of place. After that I can branch out and see what sort of things he'd get in to.

Shayuri

First Post
I'll post this when I have a chance, but Talashia will probably head to the magic shop later. Not to buy anything, of course. Just window-shopping.

Maybe I'll have her pay a visit to the Old Light before bed sometime too...hmm.

Scotley

Hero
I have been using the OP site. I expect to continue to do so. Once you get the important locations established I expect your workload will drop off a bit.

Remove ads