• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

airwalkrr's Rise of the Runelords (OOC)

kinem

Adventurer
I haven't been visiting the OP site that often yet, as I'm not used to going to another site for that, but I did read it yesterday and I like it. I do think that adding notes about what we did at various places would be helpful.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[MENTION=24234]kinem[/MENTION], I have been adding important encounters to the Adventure Log. So if you want a summary of key events, you can always go there.

Also, one thing I have included in each NPC's bio is a "First seen in-character" link so in case you don't remember when or where you met an NPC, you can go directly back to that post. In the future, I will update this with brief details about future encounters since that seems to be a highly requested feature. So the bottom lines of every NPC's bio will include a "first seen," then if the character was encountered a second time, "rescued so-and-so from such-and-such" or "negotiated contract about such-and-such" with a link. When I have time, I update the NPC bios with information the characters know about them, either through gossip which is well-known and you have probably heard or information they have personally given you. You might notice, for example, Cydrak's bio includes his quote that the Sandpoint Theater is the "jewel of Sandpoint."

I have also been adding links to them in their respective locations, where they can usually be found. In my mind, it is the duty of friendly NPCs to generally stay in one spot, or be conveniently at those locations whenever the players need them (unless something unfortunate or plot-related has happened to them). So, for the location entries in Sandpoint, I have started putting links to NPCs in their descriptions. The Sandpoint page, for example, will continue to be updated as your characters visit other places in town.

So, in summary, I will do my best to keep a running account of player interactions with NPCs.

Scotley

Hero
I think the wiki will be very helpful with all the referencing. I've had some success with such things in the past. Sadly, I no longer have the time to devote it my games I once did.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I only run two campaigns: my weekly tabletop game and this one. And I plan to keep it that way. As much as I want to dive in to more stuff (especially since I have been very bored with the recovery process after my accident), I want to keep quality over quantity. I've bitten off more than I can chew in the past and like to think I've learned from the experience. So I am devoting my spare time to GMing these games only. I'm also participating in the LPF as a player, but that is less of a commitment than GMing. Even though I have an abundance of time now, I know it won't be the case once I have recovered and can resume work and school responsibilities more fully.

Scotley

Hero
Speaking of, when are you gonna be up to running your game DeWar?

Yeah, I've gotten increasingly busy professionally, so I just don't have the time I once did. I've cut my number of games I play way down by attrition, but I've still got more commitments than I really should have as a GM here. You are wise to play for the future.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure

This requires me, as a gentleman, to give an honest response. I am presently working very hard at my recovery: exorcise
healthy eating and lifestyle, so on and such forth. Especially trying to stay OUT of the hospital. Ergo, Time is of a premium for me as well.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
More updates to OP have been added, including notes on The Way North, Cracktooth, Cracktooth's Tavern, Ilsoari (art), and Danya.

Warm wishes to you and your health, [MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION]. Hope you heal well!

Scotley

Hero

This requires me, as a gentleman, to give an honest response. I am presently working very hard at my recovery: exorcise
healthy eating and lifestyle, so on and such forth. Especially trying to stay OUT of the hospital. Ergo, Time is of a premium for me as well.

Not putting any pressure you man. Just curious.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads