Airwalkrr's Shackled City IC

airwalkrr

Adventurer
As Baelor attempts to move into the room he stumbles into something tall and sleek. Simultaneously, he feels the sharp pain of long, thin metal piercing his side (6 points of damage from attack of opportunity, move action interrupted). He looks down to behold blood on his hands but the implement used to score the strike has been too quickly retracted. Still. There appears to be something before him.

Fario and Fellian act in unison drawing their bows and shooting towards the obvious source of Baelor's wound. Unfortunately, their attacks strike nothing but dead air as the arrows thud into the door.

Fang waits patiently for his master's command.

Goran moves to position himself for a strike at the area from which Baelor was attacked, his short legs carrying him slowly from the rear.

[sblock=Spot DC 26]You catch sight of two hairless, grey-skinned creatures on either side of Floch (P22 and R22). One of them sprints down the east tunnel, incredibly fast, yet sticking to the shadows. The other does likewise down the south tunnel, turning west at the fork. (If you are currently threatening either of these, you may take an attack of opportunity.)[/sblock][sblock=Listen DC 22]You hear the distinct sound of two sets of footprints moving quickly out of the room where Floch is and away from your group. The echoing makes it sound like they have entered the tunnels, though which one you are unsure.[/sblock]

Attachments

• jzadirune7.xls
    79 KB · Views: 98

Oni

First Post
Keth cursed his one eye, and he cursed the damned noisy masks on the walls. He fell in behind Simon so that the others would have more room to move around. Fang growled near his side, the wolf's acute sense could probably tell where exactly whatever was attacking them was.

Get him, Fang!

Keth pointed in the general direction of the one-sided melee. The wolf launched itself forward like a streak.

[sblock=ooc]Please excuse me if the locations I'm trying to move to aren't described clearly, I see Bohemian Ear-Spork mentioned coodinates, but the zoho viewer I'm using to see the map doesn't show that. I'm on dialup and haven't got up the gumption to download the microsoft viewer, it's like 75mb.

spot check DC26 (1d20+5=6)

listen check DC22 (1d20+8=11)

My last few rolls seem to be alarmingly bad. ><

handle animal DC10 (1d20+7=12)

Up next to Baelor seems the likely location for Fang to move to. And since wolves have scent I figure he should be able to find the attacker so I'll give you an attack roll for Fang too.

Fang's attack (1d20+3=7)

I'm guessing that doesn't hit, so I won't bother with damage.

Keth
HP: 10/10
AC: 15, Touch: 13, FF: 13
Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +5 (additional +2 vs. fear effects)
Spot: +5
Listen: +8

Fang
HP: 13/13
AC: 14, Touch: 12, FF: 12
Fort: +5, Ref: +5, Will: +1
Spot: +3
Listen: +3

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Alexi

With the room being too crowded to attack the unseen assailants, Alexi moves into the remote corner, watching the other corridor, while keeping an eye out on how the dwarf and her allies are faring against the present threat.

OOC: Move to N18.

Rhun

First Post
Still unable to see or hear anything, Baelor maintains his defensive posture, despite his serious wound.

AC: 22 (normally 18), HP 3/9

Spot: No sense rolling, DC26 is currently impossible
Listen: 15

Continue to use Total Defense

airwalkrr

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]First of all, let me deeply apologize for the long delay. RL happens sometimes. I am wired in via Moto Q now and raring to go. Gotta love technology.

Rhun, technically, because you do not gain dodge bonuses against an invisible opponent and total defense grants a dodge bonus to your AC, if you are not able to see these attackers, total defense does little to help unless they have multiple attacks and you can see them after the second attack.

Bohemian, you and the "hidden menace" got the same initiative result, but you had the higher modifier, so you won the tie. I may have left you out of the description by accident, sorry. I will assume the same for this action just to get things moving again.[/sblock]

Fellian and Fario each nock arrows in their bows and send them whizzing towards the door in hopes of striking something, but they still come up with nothing. Before Keth can bark his orders to Fang, Goran steps up and heaves a great swing at the air near the doorway, swishing harmlessly.

Simon reaches out, his hand crackling with energy once more at the space before the door where Floch's attacker once was, yet again, coming up with nothing.

Keth orders Fang to attack, but a confused Fang sniffs the air, paws at empty space, and lets out a whimper. Clearly he smells nothing nearby.

Even Floch attempts to hack his way through the empty space near the door but his blade strikes true nothingness and he comes to rest his foot upon the place where his attacker undoubtedly stood.

An eerie silence falls over the place.

Fario breaks it, saying,"I believe they've left."

End Initiative

Last edited:

Floch

By the name of our lady, what foul magic was that?
The fighter shifts his gaze to the mages in the party for answers.
Stay alert ... if we are unable to see them we are in great peril.

Maybe we can use powder or sand to outline the invisible attackers. Should we place some on the floor we’ll be able to see foot prints.
He looks down the tunnels.
They probably fled down one of the tunnels, maybe we can take another route and let’em believe we escaped.

Oni

First Post
Keth was very much on edge, his one good eye warily looking back and forth.

What was that?

I don't like this place. Let's find the most likely way the children were taken and get on with this. Something at least already knows we're here.

Keth's eyes fall on the glowing iron rod.

Hmm. What's this?

He crouches next to the rod studying it a moment. It looked like some sort of light spell or the like to him, one of the first bits of magic Old Karst had taught him. He passed his hands over it to see if it was letting off any heat.

If it isn't, he picks it up.

Rhun

First Post
Baelor grumbles under his breath, cursing the invisible opponents. He claps a hand over his wound to staunch the flow of blood. "If they fled, I have no doubt that they will be raising the alarm. Things are going to be much tougher, now."

AC: 18, HP 3/9

Remove ads