Al-Qadim Collector's Guide

ERIN6

First Post
Great,Thanks
smile.jpg

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Is it this index? If it is another one can you please attach the file?
Yup, that looks very similar to the one I have saved (although mine doesn't have the page formatting yours does). I didn't realise that it came from the RPGA section of the WotC site, but sadly it looks like it is no longer available there :(

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
I've made some minor additions to this guide -- an essay from the 1993 TSR Collector's Catalog and a (partial) list of Al-Qadim RPGA tournament adventures.

Oqlanth

First Post
#2138P Book of Artifacts (1997) features some artifacts for Al Qadim Setting
#2145 Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume One (1994) re-features some Al Qadim monsters (with Tony DiTerlizzi drawn pictures)
#2158 Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume Two (1995) like Volume One this volume alse features some Al Qadim monsters
TSR2615 - Planes of Conflict (1995) re-eatures Al Qadim creatures 'Asuras' and 'Buraq'
TSR 2602 - Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix (1994) re-features some Al Qadim monsters 'Grues' (with Tony DiTerlizzi drawn pictures)
#2713 Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume Four (1998) Has list of Al Qadim spells in Appendix section. This list adds some spells like 9th Level Create Water spell from 'FR:Anauroch' book's bedine sorcerers (which is also created by Jeff Grub, one of the designers of Al Qadim). I also noticed 'Wind Servant' spell in this list and I don't know which source it comes from!

Last edited:

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
#2138P Book of Artifacts (1997) features some artifacts for Al Qadim Setting
Thanks for this feedback Oqlanth. I've added the Book of Artifacts to the guide.
#2145 Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume One (1994) re-features some Al Qadim monsters (with Tony DiTerlizzi drawn pictures)
#2158 Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume Two (1995) like Volume One this volume alse features some Al Qadim monsters
TSR2615 - Planes of Conflict (1995) re-eatures Al Qadim creatures 'Asuras' and 'Buraq'
TSR 2602 - Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix (1994) re-features some Al Qadim monsters 'Grues' (with Tony DiTerlizzi drawn pictures)
I haven't added these products to this guide, since while some of the monsters listed did originate in the Al-Qadim setting, I think they stopped being specifically Al-Qadim critters once they were published in the annuals and the Planescape products. Including those in this list would mean adding many of the later monster sources to the Greyhawk or Forgotten Realms guides, since a lot of the generic D&D monsters originated in the Realms or Oerth.
#2713 Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume Four (1998) Has list of Al Qadim spells in Appendix section. This list adds some spells like 9th Level Create Water spell from 'FR:Anauroch' book's bedine sorcerers (which is also created by Jeff Grub, one of the designers of Al Qadim). I also noticed 'Wind Servant' spell in this list and I don't know which source it comes from!
I think you mean the Wizards Spell Compendium Volume Four here. I've chosen not to include any of the Wizard's or Priest's Spell Compendiums in the individual campaign settings, because that would mean including them in all of the campaign setting guides, which seemed a little redundant.

And as an aside: I also have no idea where the Wind Servant wizard spell originated. There is a Wind Servant spell in Player's Option: Spells and Magic, but that's a priest spell, and different to the one in the Wizard's Spell Compendium.

Steely_Dan

First Post
I would add TSR's "The Complete Book of Necromancers" (1995) to your list. The campaign section (Chapter 9) has close ties with the Al-Qadim Ruined Kingdoms box set.

Really, that's the one 2nd Ed complete book I don't have, and I'm a huge Al-Qadim fan, damn!

Apotheot

Explorer

Remove ads