D&D 5E Al-Qadim Moving Through the Flame

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: I was mainly referring to the use of only first names being taboo. But then, Harun is a Saluk. He'd buck tradition anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Matthan

Explorer
“Peace to you and your family, noble merchant,” Husam offered. “Our company has been warned of the recent attacks in the area, but fate has been kind to us so far. We have traveled from Tajar with no troubles to speak of. May I ask where you have traveled from? It may help us continue safely on our journey.”

OOC: Are we sure we aren't murder-hoboing this adventure? Magic waterskin sounds pretty sweet...

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Can I try to steal the magic waterskin? You know, after they're leaving? I have a +18, I think, on Sleight of Hand, and I can't Roll less than a 10...

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - As amusing as it would be, Ankabut would have issues murder-hoboing random merchants. She only murder hobos in self defense, or on orders. :))

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: For the record, I said nothing about murdering them. Just borrowing their more valuable items.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Quickleaf

Legend
GM: The answers to "can I try to....?" is always "yes, are you sure you want to?" ;)

[SECTION]One look at Husam's mamluk tattoos gives the caravan master Khafaz pause. Despite Khafaz's misgivings, the half-orc's stoic face seems trustworthy in a way Khafaz is at a lost to explain. "Ah, Tajar," he says haltingly, the jaded Khafaz unused to being so readily disarmed by a trustworthy face. "Then your debarkation is our destination. My master Fahad al-Zakir waits eagerly for his caravan in Tajar."

Gesturing ambiguously over his shoulder, Khafaz skillfully answers Husam's question without entirely answering Husam's question. "We left the Qa'lat (tower) of the Broken Stone yesterday evening and crossed the pass at night to avoid the heat of day. It was quiet and secure, the only visitors of the tower ourselves. You should find a good night's rest unmolested there."[/SECTION]

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Lal took a few steps forward.

"You will be reassured to hear, good merchant, that the route between here and Tajar has been devoid of incidents. Fates willing, you will see its wall soon. I am Lal Qalandar, incidentally, of the Purple Lands. Do you know more about these raiders?"

Lal hoped that on this topic the merchant would be more forthcoming.

Last edited:

Quickleaf

Legend
[SECTION]Raising his brows at the bearded Qalandar, Khafaz is clearly perplexed at the mention of the Purple Lands. A well-traveled caravan master, Khafaz thought he knew the geography of the High Desert well. "That is a relief," he says with a fading smile, glancing over the rest of your party and caravan, including the nomads of the Young Camel and Nimar al-Solak's rogues. "It seems that the one thing we can thank these raiders for is scaring away bandits of the House of Dhi'b (the Wolf)," he adds with an ironic sense of humor.

"I saw, or may have seen, men resembling these raiders in black in the markets of Qaybar... but it is hard to say with certainty. Every man and his cousin and his cousin's camel seems to have a different story about how one can tell these raiders from common bandits," belabors Khafaz. "Head and shoulders above other men. Faces like men on their death beds. Burning eyes and fiery skin. Black robes. Red turbans. No, red robes and black turbans. They are jann, spirits of the storm and sand and stars, not men at all. No, they are ogres, for they hit with the strength of two men. With such an array of dishes...I must taken them all with the salt of skepticism."[/SECTION]

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Lal lets out a hearty laugh

"Ah, an honest merchant! Wonders of wonders. It takes a wise man to realize that his information is incomplete, and a humble one to admit so. Besides... you've informed us that the raiders are *not* bandits of the House of Dhi'b, and already that is something

I thank you for your salt, oh Khafaz ibn Dahz, you are a credit to your master. May the fates bless your every step". Lal concluded the exchange with a beatific smile.

Remove ads