Alice is Missing is a 'Silent' Roleplaying Game

Launched today on Kickstarter, the RPG Alice is Missing is designed to be played entirely by text message. It describes itself as "a silent role-playing game about the disappearance of Alice Briarwood, a high school junior in the small town of Silent Falls." The game is played live and without verbal communication. Players inhabit their character for the entirety of the 90-minute play...

Launched today on Kickstarter, the RPG Alice is Missing is designed to be played entirely by text message. It describes itself as "a silent role-playing game about the disappearance of Alice Briarwood, a high school junior in the small town of Silent Falls."

0432d0ae-433d-455c-a6f3-266312c1563a.jpg

The game is played live and without verbal communication. Players inhabit their character for the entirety of the 90-minute play session, and instead of speaking, send text messages back and forth to the other characters in a group chat, as well as individually, as though they aren’t in the same place together.

The game is by Hunters Entertainment (Werewolf 5E, Altered Carbon, Kids on Bikes) and Renegade Game Studios. $10 for the PDF, $20 plus shipping for the print, $40 gets you the Roll20 version too.

98a902d6a6e13ec2ad70fea9333bf573_original.gif

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
That sounds like a very cool idea. I'd love to give it a spin. An interesting idea for these days of socially isolated gaming too.

I think in a future lots of TTRPGs franchises only will survive as videogame adaptations. TTRPGs and videogames are like comic publishers next to Hollywood cinema studio producers.

hawkeyefan

Legend
I'm currently in a play by Discord post game, and also running one. This absolutely can work. I'm curious exactly how this game approaches it with that format specifically in mind as the intended experience.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
There's an entire card aspect that I'm not sure how that would be implemented with people not in the same room... I guess you could play entirely on Roll20 and just use the chat feature?

Remove ads

Remove ads