• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

all about rangers

Stalker0

Legend
There is one critical area where manyshot beats rapid shot...on the surprise round.

As an archer, you might want to try a lot of sniping. Technically, you get one standard action, then people roll initiative.

With many shot and rapid shot, you can get a fully volley of arrows on that surprise round, and the penalties won't be as bad considering the opponent will be flatfooted.

Then if you win initiative switch to rapid shot. This will allow you to do a lot more damage in those first rounds of combat.

PrinceZane

First Post
I think I finally got the build I'm happy with. Well, for up to 10th level at least. I'm gonna splash 2 levels of fighter into the mix to get the extra feats. I'm going the mounted archery/rapid shot path.

The only thing I don't like about my char is something thats a RAW thing. I think the ranger's effective druid level should be done just like a paladin for effective cleric level for turning. I think it should be level - 3 instead of 1/2. Anyone else agree/disagree and why?

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
PrinceZane said:
The only thing I don't like about my char is something thats a RAW thing. I think the ranger's effective druid level should be done just like a paladin for effective cleric level for turning. I think it should be level - 3 instead of 1/2. Anyone else agree/disagree and why?

That's certainly the way I house-ruled it. It is in line with the way paladin turning is handled, and it keeps the ranger companion useful, while always keeping it a step behind the druids. It is a fine rule and I hope your DM might be persuaded to use it.

Cheers

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads