• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

All the Different Types of Giant-Kin

Krishnath

First Post
Ah, well, see, I didn't know that the krynnish minotaurs where descendant from the Irda.

Also, I pointed out that both the titans and the Athach are related to giants, even if they don't share the creature type.

And the spriggan is still a gnome-fey :D

X-Calator

First Post
Sonikal said:
Trolgre
gallery31881.jpg

Wow, I don't know how I missed this before. Hey, Sonikal, would you mind if I used the Trolgre for my hybrid list?

And looking back at this thread, I'm inspired to get the classification train rolling again. Does anybody have any ideas for what to do next?

X-Calator

First Post
I don't know. So far, we've only done humanoids that one can find in every fantasy mythos. Now we're getting down to enhancements on the prior art as the ol' OGL would say.

Now that all the humanoids (and the giant-kin) are taken care of, maybe we should start getting down to the other kinds of monsters. The problem is there are so many different kinds of classifications. Planar creatures, prime creatures... who knows.

Let's start off with something simpler and then work out way down to golems, outsiders, dragons, saurians (like the lizardfolk & troglodytes), and the like.

How about aberrations? It would be convenient to go in alphabetical order.

Remove ads