D&D General Alleged disgruntled NuTSR insider spills the beans.

Shakeshift

Adventurer
As a veteran who served active duty and overseas during wartime, I'm just embarrassed by Lanasa.

Luke Gygax has 23+ years in the military and recently retired with full honors. Justin LaNasa is one of those "in and out" Army guys who couldn't do the long haul and obviously either quit or got kicked out of the Army for being nearly-completely useless for military service. Any guy that behaves like Lanasa is a guy who emotionally peaked at age 13 and hasn't grown as a human being in the last thirty years. It's a trifle sad to see.

You can tell that Justin is a hater and he's jealous that Luke was able to accomplish something that Justin Lanasa just didn't have the strength to do himself, staying gainfully employed by the military. Thus, we see the trouble-stirring and him trying to passive-aggressively get Luke Gygax kicked off his military pension. He wants good attention, or bad attention, or ANY attention. It's like he has an obsession with the guy and just wants to be noticed. If he can't be a part of Luke's world, he'll destroy him instead. Call the military and try to get him dishonorably discharged? CHECK. Contact Luke's wife and show her articles and 'advise' her that her husband is not the man she thinks he is? CHECK. Passive-aggressively tell Luke "Give me $5000 to be a part of your con, because my competing con will shut yours down on the same day if you don't pay me!" and then watch impotently as Luke dismisses him like the nobody that Justin Lanasa is, while Justin claims he NEVER ever tried shaking Luke down for money at all? CHECK.

If THAT isn't Intro to Obsession 101 by Justin Lanasa, I'm not sure what is. The guy obviously has a fixation on Luke and wants to be a part of Luke's projects, and the complete apathy and rejection by Luke (and GaryCon) sits with him like a bad ulcer. I don't care what anyone says, that strikes me as a little bit obsessive, and a little desperate on Lanasa's part. Dude has a fixation on Luke, and that dude has it really, really bad. It wouldn't surprise me if Justin cried into his pillow each night over all of this drama like a person rejected at prom. It honestly wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Justin seems like the poster child for arrested emotional development. Those posts speak volumes about his irrational instability.

Last edited:

Sacrosanct

Legend
As a veteran who served active duty and overseas during wartime, I'm just embarrassed by Lanasa.

Luke Gygax has 23+ years in the military and recently retired with full honors. Justin LaNasa is one of those "in and out" Army guys who couldn't do the long haul and obviously either quit or got kicked out of the Army for being nearly-completely useless for military service. Any guy that behaves like Lanasa is a guy who emotionally peaked at age 13 and hasn't grown as a human being in the last thirty years. It's a trifle sad to see.

You can tell that Justin is a hater and he's jealous that Luke was able to accomplish something that Justin Lanasa just didn't have the strength to do himself, staying gainfully employed by the military. Thus, we see the trouble-stirring and him trying to passive-aggressively get Luke Gygax kicked off his military pension. He wants good attention, or bad attention, or ANY attention. It's like he has a crush on the guy and just wants to be noticed. If he can't be a part of his world, he'll destroy him instead. Call the military and try to get him dishonorably discharged? CHECK. Contact Luke's wife and show her articles and 'advise' her that her husband is not the man she thinks he is? CHECK. Passive-aggressively tell Luke "Give me $5000 to be a part of your con, because my competing con will shut yours down on the same day if you don't pay me!" and then watch impotently as Luke dismisses him like the nobody that Justin Lanasa is, while Justin claims he NEVER ever tried shaking Luke down for money at all? CHECK.

If THAT isn't small-dick, jealous-as-hell energy by Justin Lanasa, I'm not sure what is. The guy obviously has a man-crush on Luke and wants to be a part of Luke's projects, and the complete apathy and rejection by Luke (and GaryCon) sits with him like a jilted lover returning flowers back to sender. I don't care what anyone says, that strikes me as a little bit obsessive, and a little desperate on Lanasa's part. Dude has a bro crush on Luke, and that loser has it really, really bad. It wouldn't surprise me if Justin cried into his pillow each night over all of this drama like a girl rejected at prom. It honestly wouldn't surprise me one bit.
As a vet myself (all 6 years overseas), I can see where you're coming from, and I have many of the same impressions. IIRC, Justin was never deployed either. But can I ask a favor? Can we avoid phrases "like a girl" please? I've found the ability to deal with rejection in a constructive manner not tied to gender at all. Thanks

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
If THAT isn't small-dick, jealous-as-hell energy by Justin Lanasa, I'm not sure what is. The guy obviously has a man-crush on Luke and wants to be a part of Luke's projects, and the complete apathy and rejection by Luke (and GaryCon) sits with him like a jilted lover returning flowers back to sender. I don't care what anyone says, that strikes me as a little bit obsessive, and a little desperate on Lanasa's part. Dude has a bro crush on Luke, and that loser has it really, really bad. It wouldn't surprise me if Justin cried into his pillow each night over all of this drama like a girl rejected at prom. It honestly wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Mod Note:
Look, I'm no fan of the guy, but... we should have more class than this. If what you want to do is throw invective at them, go do it on twitter or something.

And, by the way, the "man-crush", "bro crush" and "jilted lover" comments in this day and age may come across as a tad phobic to some readers. Might want to cut those out of your presentation in the future.

Shakeshift

Adventurer
Mod Note:
Look, I'm no fan of the guy, but... we should have more class than this. If what you want to do is throw invective at them, go do it on twitter or something.

And, by the way, the "man-crush", "bro crush" and "jilted lover" comments in this day and age may come across as a tad phobic to some readers. Might want to cut those out of your presentation in the future.
Understood, I'll rein it back and make some edits. My apologies.

EDIT: I've modded my original post. Once again, my apologies for some of my previous verbage. I feel that I've corrected the offensive content.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
FYI in case you can fix it before another problem, quoting moderator red text is also not allowed.
Strictly speaking, the rule is against disputing or arguing against moderation. But the guideline is that if a poster wants to discuss moderation, they should do it via PM with a mod. A lot of the time it can be hard to draw a clear boundary between "discussing" and "disputing" moderation, so it's usually better to err on the side of caution. A straight up "sorry, I was out of line" is usually ok.

Remove ads