Pathfinder 1E Alternatives to Merfolk

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
You'd need the monster builder to do it, since the Kaidan Bestiary is still awhile away from even start of development (and we will have one eventually), however, one of those intended monsters we plan to create is the Same-bito (shark shapechanger) from Japanese folklore. These aren't weresharks, as they have full mental faculties in any form - man, shark, shark-man. They can only shapechange into a single form of man (themselves in human form), not able to appear as any human.

Until we have it built, here's an illustration I commissioned for the Same-bito by Mark Hyzer...

Same-bito-thumb.jpg

Connorsrpg

Adventurer
Okay, so my large list doesn't appear to have been helpful, but I have another tip re 3D fighting. The clear plastic square containers many dice come it are extremely useful for this. I often use them for flying creatures too.

You can even place them directly over most minis. :)

Okay, so my large list doesn't appear to have been helpful, but I have another tip re 3D fighting. The clear plastic square containers many dice come it are extremely useful for this. I often use them for flying creatures too.

You can even place them directly over most minis. :)
There are three solid ways of doing aquatic combat.

The first is the aforementioned Chessex dice boxes for 5-15' up.

Laying the minis on their side and having the battlemap represent a vertical cliff or dungeon is another.

You can also do layers, with 2-4 smaller battlemaps each representing a different elevation (works well with the dice boxes).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases