Amazon.com is screwing me!

SDOgre

First Post
It didn't dawn on me until I looked again after hearing about people getting their books. Even thought I preordered my books 2 months ago, Amazon.com says the estimated ship date is June 10th! June 10th? 3 days after release they'll start shipping my books?

Ahhhhh. Help! What should I do??

Dire Bare

Legend
SDOgre said:
It didn't dawn on me until I looked again after hearing about people getting their books. Even thought I preordered my books 2 months ago, Amazon.com says the estimated ship date is June 10th! June 10th? 3 days after release they'll start shipping my books?

You should wail and gnash your teeth, and engage in terrific hyperbole by saying things such as "Woe is me, the beast Amazon has done me terrible wrong!"

Or, you could just exhibit some maturity and patience and accept the tradeoff of an amazing price for the books for having it arrive at your doorstep 3-5 days after the release date.

That's what I'm doing. I'm paying the same price as you, and I'll be waiting the same amount of time as you for my Amazon order . . . and I'll be thanking Amazon for saving me soo much money.

Shroomy

Adventurer
SDOgre said:

As I see it, you have three options: just wait, the cheapest option; change the shipping method and wait less time (which is what I did); or cancel your pre-order and buy at the store for full MSRP.

Keenath

Explorer
I preordered mine at the FLGS. I got a discount somewhat smaller than Amazon's, but I'm supporting the shop and I'll get them on release day.

dm4hire

Explorer
When I preordered KotS it reported the ship date as I May 27th, it arrived the 21st and that was free shipping. They shipped it the Saturday before so I wouldn't worry about the ship date.

SDOgre

First Post
Well, first I realized that I had ordered the books before I knew there was a gift pack, so I cancelled. The giftpack is about 15 bucks cheaper. (Before you think I'm thick skulled, I've only been on these boards a week or so. Or at least not since they first opened years ago.)

And changed to 3-5 business days, for 4 bucks. It says It'll ship on the 6th. I can deal with that. No books for the weekend, but...

I'll probably buy my wife a PHB at the store the day of anyway. That way I know I'll get one the day of so I can play the next day.

Mercurius

Legend
I've found that Amazon usually arrives a day or two after the ship date, even with "super saver." Given that the 6th is a Friday, expect your books sometime between Monday and Wednesday (the 9th-11th).

Remove ads